Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kobylaz t1_j1p9b8a wrote

Love this kind of stuff, i should get an archeological sub or something.

DrJekylMrHideYoWife t1_j1pagfw wrote

Oh man that led me into a little rabbit hole of human history for the last ten minutes. How freaking neat

MarkSocioProject t1_j1pss5v wrote

The 37000 year old Mammoth bones in America is interesting

flunkyclaus t1_j1pvnu0 wrote

Big baby animal? Didn't try too hard on that unique name.

−5

modestlymousey t1_j1pw8jj wrote

Very cool! I worked at the field site with the “vampire “ burials in 2014. There were quite a few people buried with scythes around their neck or torso.

Tenpat t1_j1q5ckc wrote

Going from dark mode reddit to bright mode websites is very hard on my eyes.

MarkSocioProject t1_j1qaprg wrote

. But humans have been around for about 2 million years. So far research believes that humans migrated from Africa 60-90 thousand years ago. Homosapiens more likely mating with neanderthal. Neanderthal in Europe had the same set of teeth as humans did, didn't they? I wonder what the denisoven teeth were like.

SnooPuppers8704 t1_j1qecep wrote

Horrible history reporting……picti means painted ones in latin

−4

modestlymousey t1_j1qlt6k wrote

I just worked there for school credit, so I didn’t have anything to do with published articles on it, but I know I’ve seen some. I think if you google “atypical burials Poland” you could find some. We were told to call the “vampires” atypical instead of vampires.

Ferengi_Earwax t1_j1qzcue wrote

I've always suspected that humans migrated to the America's long before the accepted time frame. It's great to see more evidence being uncovered. 37kya is a massive jump back! I'm guessing they were just following the herds, and they might have followed them right back out or died out.

−4

GrumpyXeno t1_j1s5h72 wrote

I'd love to read it but thos site doesn't allow me to decline cookies. Which I'm pretty sure is illegal in my neck of the woods.

ThatGIRLkimT t1_j1ytbt3 wrote

This post caught my attention. I'm wondering about vampire.