Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

The_Human_Bullet t1_j52yjrc wrote

So early humans wore bear pelts to stay warm?

Colour me surprised?

RegisterOk9743 t1_j530vcr wrote

Killing a bear with just sticks and rocks is pretty impressive though.

The_Human_Bullet t1_j532asa wrote

Oh yeah, but I always assumed early humans were badass? They didn't have time to waste pondering the nonsense we do.

henchman171 t1_j534c56 wrote

The things you can achieve if you avoid social media apps

sleeplessGoon t1_j53mx49 wrote

I’m 2 weeks Twitter clean & I just killed my first grizzly!

NeObi-WanKenoLetItBe t1_j54005g wrote

They were badass. Even in nomadic lifestyles, because they combined their efforts, they had a ton of free time on their hands. Some American Indian tribes from just a couple hundred years ago could pack up and move to follow their game within 30 minutes or less. Or else it was free.

uhyeahreally t1_j5391qq wrote

Can be avoided, just wait for the bear to die. Bears die by themselves if you wait.

matteam-101 t1_j53fczw wrote

Don't the bears hibernate, in a den or cave? Just the time to cut their throats and fabricate Bearskin robes by Brooks Brothers.

Lagiacrus111 t1_j534w87 wrote

Humans were in the arctic 320,000 years ago?

LeagueOfLegendsAcc t1_j53f0eq wrote

Homo Heidelbergensis, not homo sapiens. We evolved in Africa and migrated out to populate the world. To pick a random ancestor the human/chimpanzee last common ancestor (CHLCA) is theorized to possibly be graecopithecus, whose fossils were found in southern Europe. So at some point between CHLCA and homo sapiens our ancestors migrated into Africa and stayed there. The implication is that other human species could have left Africa sooner, or never came in the first place.

bmilohill t1_j53ftdd wrote

The revelation here isn't what they were doing, but further evidence regarding when they were doing it.