Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Kyfighter11 t1_j5v79oa wrote

Can someone recommend me something like a world history series on YouTube or in a podcast?

Kyfighter11 t1_j5v91xx wrote

I have always had a certain interest in history but I have only really been semi-seriously reading up on history this past week. And as you all may know there is quite a lot of history so I’ve been struggling to find some sort of beginning for me. I have listened to Dan Carlin’s king of kings and the first few episodes of the rest is history.

Irichcrusader t1_j6554tr wrote

There's a lot of great history YouTube channels out there but, in my experience, the best ones are those who niche down and can really get into the meat of a topic or era. What historical periods are you interested in?

For instance, I really like early modern Europe history (16th to 17th century) and SandRhoman History is really great for that. The Historian's Craft is also great if you love classical (Greek & Roman history).

Kyfighter11 t1_j6my32y wrote

Thanks, my interests lie mainly in Europe but range from Ancient Greece to things the present day.

Stalins_Moustachio t1_j6mq3zu wrote

Check out Kings and Generals, Crash Course History, Invicta, the Great War, and Historia Civilis on Youtube.