Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MangyCanine t1_j959t35 wrote

Photos also include videos, and videos can be surprisingly big (especially if you're using 4K prores).

Over_Bat_9693 t1_j959xzw wrote

better to use storage cleaner apps that remove photo clones and unwanted screenshots. you can use icloud as well to back up photos and videos so you can delete them on your phone

Rii__ t1_j95fkfg wrote

Well just backup and delete your photos. Why are you surprised? That’s just how storage works. The more you store the less room you have to store.

Real_Pickle_Rick t1_j95hjgb wrote

I’m sorry to thread jack, but I’ve been in the apple ecosystem for years and never mastered the cloud. Where do I put the photos so I can delete them, right now I’m using google to back up all my pictures, thanks for the help!

Familiar-Bed5039 t1_j95ib8d wrote

if you are using it, dont use pro raw or pro res, a pro raw photo is around 30mb

Cxd1999 t1_j95k6me wrote

Amazon prime has unlimited full resolution cloud photo storage you can put a bunch of memes n stuff there

Hot-Gabe4004 t1_j95kbvv wrote

There’s always ways to recover but I get most of my pics printed anyway and movies are burned to blue rays so the family can watch them. What’s the point of saving them if you not gonna use them.

KaptainDayDreamer t1_j95t81f wrote

iCloud optimize storage lets you keep small versions of your photos on your phone, but backs up all the uncompressed originals online. Frees up storage, but let’s you access your photos whenever. It costs like 5 bucks a month.

californiamax t1_j95wsq1 wrote

I put all my photos and vids in google drive. I don't use icloud. Then after that, i delete the photos and vids in my phone, and done! The problem will be is if you use shared albums with your friends. I think you can't delete photos in recent photos that you've posted in the shared album

dafuqhappened666 t1_j969qu0 wrote

Upload to cloud and erase photos on the phone. Optimize photo storage. In settings.

mightymob0303 t1_j96a0dm wrote

I once had photos take up 60 gigs after deleting a few photos that were approximately 3 gigs the usage dropped to 16 gigs

californiamax t1_j96cm8q wrote

Google drive's free. It may have a limit just like icloud, but it's better than icloud. Also you get to choose which one to back up. Unlike with icloud, you have no idea what they backed up coz you can't technically see them all other than the percentage of how much files, photos, apps and such.

So for photos and vids and important files, i put them in google drive. Delete them afterwards, and the rest i let icloud do the work.

I learned my lesson when my ipod touch then was stolen, i bought an iphone and realized many of my notes, screenshots of reviewers, along with photos of important events wasn't saved in icloud but a lot of junk photos(memes, pinterest...you get the idea) was backed up.

john105t t1_j96dmfj wrote

Google Photos. Best solution I ever found.

aliosram t1_j96h9tz wrote

Buy more storage on next iphone. Easy fix

wetomynisy t1_j96zzbd wrote

Maybe you could try to select all and click that DELETE button?

j0hnnyj0hns t1_j97m2ur wrote

Lol my photos are 95GBs but I always buy the 512GB iPhone so I don’t run into this issue

_asteroidblues_ t1_j98jm54 wrote

If you have enough iCloud storage and the setting turned on, you don’t have to put the photos anywhere. Your iPhone will upload everything on the Photos app to your iCloud account and keep a low-res proxy on your iPhone that takes way less space. You don’t delete anything. When you need to see a certain photo or video, just tap on it like you would usually do as if it was in your phone and it will be downloaded from your cloud. Everything’s automatic, you don’t even have to think about it ever again.

My entire photos and videos collection is almost 60Gb but it’s only taking 1Gb on my iPhone. If I ever need to take a look at an older photo, I just go to the photos app and tap on it and after like 1 second it’s already there like if it was always on my phone, it’s great!

TheKobayashiMoron t1_j98vbi3 wrote

Are you using iCloud Photo Library? If so, go to settings >photos > optimize iPhone storage ON. I have probably 100GB off photos but it only takes up 5GB on my phone.

helloagain00 t1_j9a4hkr wrote

Sync to Google photos…. Then delete ‘‘em all

iPhone_3GS t1_j9ad7yy wrote

What do you not see here is the Photos memory feature takes up a lot of space. And unfortunately there's no way for you to delete that, that's basically Apple's middle finger to you