Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

talksickwalkquick OP t1_ja55elh wrote

Maybe Tim Cook will listen when his phone number and his iPhone is getting calls and messages like this.

−8

Tainted0401 t1_ja57hg6 wrote

it's not an Apple or Google issue. Blame your carrier for weak spam filters on the SMS gate

Also you can be the one who's to blame too. Don't put your phone number to any websites/apps you register to. These are mostly the ones who sell your phone number to scammers like that. Or get a burner phone number to use it when a website asks for a phone number. I give my phone number only to doctors, official gov offices etc. and I've never got a single spam in my inbox 🤷🏻‍♂️

Same goes with email, use aliases which you can disable whenever they start to receive spam (like anonaddy or now even iCloud has that feature "hide my email")

talksickwalkquick OP t1_ja59l1e wrote

Blocking and reporting as spam does nothing when every new message is from a different sender. Trust me I follow all of the tips you mentioned. I don’t just put my number anywhere I even have a google voice set up for anything that isn’t friends or family . Even my doctors office gets routed to google voice. I truly hope you won’t ever see for yourself what I’m talking about. This problem is getting bigger by the day. It’s become a multi billion dollar industry. Scamming people.

−2

SomeGadgetGuy t1_ja61xyn wrote

It's the thing iOS fans dont want to accept. Android users get just as many spam messages sent to our phone numbers, but Google spam filtering is a lot better.

My wife's iphone from work is plagued with these messages. Neither of our personal Androids EVER see this garbage.

iPhone users are used to hearing about iMessage being the gold standard, but it's slipping. Apple likes breaking standards, because it makes OTHER products look inferior when they "don't just work" with iPhones. That means iOS users are going to increasingly pay more for "adequate".