Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Adult_InThe_Room OP t1_j989r6y wrote

Now you make me feel ancient! LMAO When I was a child, Telephone service was party line! I had an Aunt & Uncle who lived in the country and the party lines were worse, in that, in addition to the entire neighborhood knew your business. Each person on my Uncles party line had their own number of rings! You had to listen to the rings code to figure out if it was a call for you or your neighbor. There were no calculators and one person my parents knew in Michigan had an outdoor toilet shed. I was always curious and my first computer was an Atari 16K, not even floppy drive, but cassette tape. , then I went to Commodore 64k portable! My grandmother was born in 1899! Holy Crap! I am old! LOL But yeah, I'm pumped, can't wit to learn a new thing! I coming off a pixel 6a running GrapheneOS, an ultra secure and privacy OS for android, so coming over to iPhone is going 180 degrees, Did you ever run umbutu mobile, quite a sweet phone OS. I've also install LineageOS on Androids.

effinwayshegoes t1_j9d5aj7 wrote

Sir. That means you had to unlock the boot loader and load custom firmware. That’s amazing! Good on you getting the Atari, I bet that early access to a more complex user interface gave you the ability from then on to understand future systems.

That’s incredible about the phone system, it’s still crazy to me to think of phone switching stations with the women in there, transferring calls. Very interesting.

I work on a boat so I’m used to buckets as my bathroom haha I would have no problems with an old out house!