Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Temporary-Data-102 t1_j7yf0pw wrote

Do you have deficit of intelligence or something? Guy who makes photos using only his smartphone isn’t a photographer because there is need almost no skill to do so, if you want to do professional photos you don’t use your smartphones camera but you invest in dedicated camera to do it.

−4

mrchumblie t1_j7zjspu wrote

Are you a troll or just intentionally misreading my point?

I’ll repeat it so I’m clear: you shouldn’t need to shoot in RAW to get decent photos on Apple’s flagship smartphone. Anyone who jumped from the iPhone XS to the 13 or 14 (pro or not) can see that there is an issue with overexposure, oversharpening, and just a general change in how HDR is being handled.

Apple took away the HDR toggle option in the camera settings starting with the 13 and imo it was a mistake.

My 14 pro takes incredible photos, especially in RAW or with third party apps, but I shouldn’t have friends asking why the stock camera settings make their photos look weird and synthetic when they upgrade to one of the newer phones.

Having to adjust the settings to get a decent photo is antithetical to apple’s ethos towards the iPhone user experience. IMO they know this is an issue but haven’t acknowledged it yet. The 15 or 16 will hopefully have the software adjusted to match the new sensors and hardware on the 14 pro.

Sorry if that makes you angry but there’s a whole lotta people with technical knowledge of cameras and photography that have raised this issue. To respond to your other reply to my other comment, yes professional photographers use “real” cameras for their work but they also snap shots with their cell phone. To discount their knowledge because they’re using a smartphone is idiotic as the gap between DSLR and smartphone cameras gets smaller as the years go by and tech improves.

Temporary-Data-102 t1_j835lu6 wrote

let’s set something: “having to adjust settings is unethical towards Apple consumers ethos” just where and who said this? When I first time open camera app there is guided tutorial to setup everything so your point is invalid on this aspect. Apparently yours problem is why the iPhone 14 pro when you use normal mode is doing decent photos but is using 12MP instead 48MP and this is bringing us back to HOW iPhone 14 pro does the fotos, how pixel binning works, impact of file size if you want speak star backing up your statement with real data not subjective opinions.

Apprehensive-Ad-8900 t1_j7zk2v7 wrote

it’s not about professional photos, it’s just wanting natural looking photos and not oil paintings once you shoot at 5x zoom, it’s annoying that a trillion dollar company can’t listen to their customers. and calling others stupid won’t make what you say valid.

Temporary-Data-102 t1_j836laj wrote

Don’t buy iPhone 14 pro if you want do 5x zoom as it doesn’t have periscope lens.rumours are saying that they will put them on iPhone 15 pro/ultra. So still I doesn’t understand your point, as all of your arguments are ridiculous without being backed up with and data. This is driving me mad 😡

Apprehensive-Ad-8900 t1_j84tewz wrote

first of all don’t tell me what to do with my money, second of all no one said anything about periscope lenses, not my fault all points fly over your head