Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Dweight888 t1_j9y87kl wrote

I have 91% after 15 months. Just use your phone. Don't look at it bro

Upbeat-Truck-1833 OP t1_j9y8a7q wrote

I mean it's pretty concerning, it dropped to 99% like 4-5 days ago. I'll have way less than 91% in 15 months at this rate man...

[deleted] t1_j9y8jld wrote

Not all batteries are created equal. They start to decay the first time they are charged, heat, use , etc further add to this. Plus Apple said there can be fluctuations in that number. It’s not perfect.

As said don’t worry about it and just use the phone. Replace the battery or phone as needed.

People honestly worry way to much about this in this day and age.

Upbeat-Truck-1833 OP t1_j9y8thr wrote

Gotcha, it's my first iPhone and my bros 13 pro max that's almost a year old has 98% battery health so it just got me wondering lol

jzdpd t1_j9y9r04 wrote

damn i hope you can recover from this, next time put it inside a glass case in a museum.

in all seriousness, it’s just normal wear and tear, no battery can stay 100 percent healthy all the time.

loosecoosebbq86 t1_j9y90ye wrote

These battery dropping a few percentages lately are back. I’ve had just about every iPhone since the 4 and have never once looked into my battery besides what it’s currently at

moisesg t1_j9y9z0j wrote

I have an automation for a smart plug that turns off once my phone hits 80% battery and turns back on at 60%, you can do the same if you want to extend your battery life

Blacktimberlands t1_j9ybgy0 wrote

What kind of charger are you using?

Upbeat-Truck-1833 OP t1_j9yiy4z wrote

25W Samsung adapter and occasionally 30W apple one

Blacktimberlands t1_j9zhv06 wrote

there you have your answer. those chargers are overkill and shouldn't be used regularly. i've been using a 5w apple charger (the one that came with the iphone 11) and my battery health went down by only 3% in the past 6 months, while just one year of 20w charging drained it from 95 or so to 80 in a year. i've been using a 5w again since last summer and it only went down 3% since august, so i'd say about 1% every 2 months whereas fast charging messed my shit up with 1% per month. it's worth a try in your case as well.

skriefal t1_j9ycss5 wrote

In addition to what others have stated - the displayed percentage can move up or down slightly from reading to reading. Check again in a few days and it might be back to showing 99%. It's an estimation/guess so don't be too worried about it.

Humorous-Prince t1_j9ycu94 wrote

A guy at work has a 13PM after one year his is at 96%, that is concerning to be honest, not sure how mine will be…

Old_Goat_Ninja t1_j9ye7n2 wrote

Battery health was one of the worst things Apple has ever done. Way too many people obsess over it for no reason. General public is better off not knowing.

Flair_Helper t1_j9yf8bb wrote

Hi, /u/Upbeat-Truck-1833 Thank you for participating in r/iphone. Unfortunately, your submission was removed for breaking the following rule(s):

Posts highlighting throttling issues, speedtest results, issues with battery life, battery health or bragging about battery life are not permitted

Reposting posts removed by a moderator without express permission is not allowed. Not here, and not on most of reddit. Please read reddiquette (linked below).

For questions, comments and concerns, message the moderators.

Reddiquette | New to Reddit? | Reddit's Content Policy

[deleted] t1_j9yf1nk wrote

What do you want us to do about that? batteries wear some faster then others depending on your usage/charge patterns, and that’s really it.

Upbeat-Truck-1833 OP t1_j9yfzkl wrote

I just asked chill out

[deleted] t1_j9yghg6 wrote

it was a pretty normal genuine question.. there’s literally nothing we can do about your battery wear🤷‍♂️

Upbeat-Truck-1833 OP t1_j9yhtei wrote

I asked how's it possible and if it's normal, I didn't want you to do something about it

[deleted] t1_j9yip9e wrote

And I answered that in the first comment, there’s a reason this post was removed.

Upbeat-Truck-1833 OP t1_j9yiv31 wrote

Okay lol Idc it's removed tbh

[deleted] t1_j9yj2yx wrote

Read the rules next time maybe.

GameWizzard t1_j9yeb33 wrote

I would like to file a complaint too! My 14 Pro max is only at 97%!!??!??!?! I sMeLl SoMeThInG fIsHy!!!!

−1