Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

j4ckalop3 t1_jeebhdc wrote

In some countries and regions you can’t turn them off. Looks like you live in one of those areas.

idiopathic_tog OP t1_jeebkra wrote

Lovely, thanks for the insight.

squarebenzene t1_jeer7m7 wrote

You can turn it off, it's just not obvious.

Accessibility > audio/visual > headphone notification

Took me so f-cking long to find this answer after searching online because it's not where you'd expect it to be

Darkmage4 t1_jeevyc7 wrote

Thank you! Been trying to figure this out for awhile! Obviously the Bluetooth volume is going to be all the way up when in the car. But the stereo can have it down low to the point it’s super quiet, and I’ll still get this notification. I never listen to my headphones that high anyways, and never get this notification. But in the car it’s constant, and super annoying.

electric_medicine t1_jef69xw wrote

In the Bluetooth device settings for your car, you can set the device type to "Car stereo" and it will never throw you a notification even if they're globally available. That was one of the first updates they released when the headphone notifications were first introduced and the backlash from countless users with this exact issue arose.

Darkmage4 t1_jeg1xwg wrote

Oh! I had no idea! Thank you. I will look at that. I turned it off anyways in the settings above. So doesn’t hurt to turn that on. lol.

SurealGod t1_jef7i8j wrote

I find that Apple puts some of the settings in weird places.

A lot of them (like promotion or the headphone messages) are found accessibility when they should be in display settings or the airpod settings

TimidPanther t1_jeeckmi wrote

Which country? Is it in the EU?

idiopathic_tog OP t1_jeeeyhy wrote

Residing in and phone service provided within USA by Verizon.

TimidPanther t1_jeef3ob wrote

That's weird, I would have presumed you'd have been given the right to destroy your eardrums. Rightfully so.

ThePowerOfStories t1_jefgnyl wrote

Americans have a god-given right to destroy their hearing with the deafening sounds of repeated gunfire.

idiopathic_tog OP t1_jeegsit wrote

Lol I echo that sentiment. Thanks again for the insight provided.

knletree t1_jefreyp wrote

Lot of upvotes for an answer that’s completely wrong. You can shut it off just not on that screen

j4ckalop3 t1_jefvakd wrote

Please read this. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211903

“Due to regulations and safety standards, headphone notifications can't be turned off in certain countries or regions.”

knletree t1_jefvjcl wrote

Op has the full ability to shut this off. I only care because I saw so many people saying what you’re saying, to later find out it’s on a different screen.