Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cheddre t1_jdku6oa wrote

I have like a hundred shortcuts like this for various symbols and copypastas and stuff. i use the prefix && so they can never be used unintentionally somehow.

https://preview.redd.it/wt6qjqygeupa1.jpeg?width=1125&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=e93c2537b089c2cba3cf10430d068967c994f785

And yes, my emails are among them.

TheMercDeadpool t1_jdkvaw4 wrote

What’s the shitpants one

Cheddre t1_jdkvibt wrote

here this is it in plain text

😃 i just shit my pants! ≤))≥ _| _

it works much better in a text message though

https://preview.redd.it/xbfpw8pjgupa1.jpeg?width=760&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=cfae510e46682e8e1b71c790c0e62324939d9723

doob22 t1_jdlx43d wrote

Thank you for showing me this one, it will make my conversations go much smoother

rubiojp t1_jdltt7y wrote

How do you add the new line in the text replacement to have the emoji come up like that? 🤔😊

VxJasonxV t1_jdlya9f wrote

Open Notes

Hit enter

Select all

Copy

Go to Shortcuts

Paste

Alternatively, just get it set up appropriately in Notes or Messages once, select all, copy, and then paste it into keyboard shortcuts.

SenorW00tles t1_jdmtarq wrote

To add on to this… you have to hit shift before return to add the line breaks. It doesn’t look any different, but it definitely is. Tap shift like you’re capitalizing something, then tap/hold shift again while pressing Return where you want the line breaks. I just spent way too long getting “shitpants” set up because I still think poop is funny at 36

meandgoliath t1_jdl1mer wrote

How much math are you doing that you need two square root shortcuts??

Cheddre t1_jdl3m6g wrote

There’s three! i add duplicates for almost everything in case i forget what i call them. so i could use &root or &radix and still get √

drink_water_plz t1_jdmb0q4 wrote

On a side note, you do know that there’s a greek letter keyboard, right? Meaning you don’t really need shortcuts for stuff like Σ,π,Δ,δ,μ,… or maybe even others in case you do physics and need like λ,ω,ρ,σ or whatever

[deleted] t1_jdl72su wrote

[removed]

yeahbuddy t1_jdlcsko wrote

Lulz

Seeing this in the wild is never not funny

eternaxv t1_jdl0osa wrote

And how about the YT link? Why do you need one as a shortcut 😂

Anyway I use them to insert my home addresses

burgerRamli t1_jdlo3m6 wrote

Why there is a Chinese song 😂

Cheddre t1_jdmt4vb wrote

Super idol 的笑容都没你的甜 八月正午的阳光都没你耀眼 热爱105 °C度的你 滴滴清纯的蒸馏水!!!!

Neil_LP t1_jdn1kkb wrote

How often do you have to type sigma, square root, shwa e, or the Saturn symbol? I’ve never had to type Super idol in chinese.

Cheddre t1_jdn3fhr wrote

Not particularly often for any of them, but it’s very nice to have in case I need to. i do a lot of science both for school and in my free time, so i find it convenient in these cases and i have a lot of other shortcuts for those purposes. like for example i have shortcuts for subscript and superscript numbers, useful for chemistry [C₂H₅OH] and math [9² = 81].

Planetary symbols are just nice for shorthand in astronomy. for example, Jupiter has a mass of about 310 M⊕. other symbols are just nice to have access to whenever i might use them

here this one is for you:

#↑

allholy1 t1_jdn7lpg wrote

How did you get the right arrow

Cheddre t1_jdn8093 wrote

There are unicode symbols for them. here are all of them if you wanted them for yourself:

↑ ↗ → ↘ ↓ ↙ ← ↖