Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mozzamo t1_jdq0xgq wrote

Try invoking Siri by saying “hey siri” then something like “text mum” to send a text message via voice

highnrgy t1_jdq1p1r wrote

Does it work when it’s locked?

mozzamo t1_jdq20qk wrote

Yep unless the person has disabled it which is usually unlikely

dahlialaurier OP t1_jdq2w6c wrote

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried it and this is what it showed on the screen and nothing happened. I'm an Android user, maybe I did it wrong? Do I press any buttons? Also, I just realized, it's not connected to Wifi or any service provider, it wouldn't be able to text anyone.

https://preview.redd.it/mpp2mh4p53qa1.jpeg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=6b3228eac6961e7d3f08671a1de4b757c4a983b6

mozzamo t1_jdq365m wrote

Tap that notification

dahlialaurier OP t1_jdq3icw wrote

I did, unfortunately nothing happens. And I slid it to the left and VIEW/CANCEL buttons showed up, I clicked on view and nothing happens.

mozzamo t1_jdq8v9j wrote

Just spotted that it’s offline, you may need to pop your sim in briefly and connect to 4G/5G

dahlialaurier OP t1_jdsbacn wrote

Thank you for the advice! I found the owner! I did an edit to my original post with more details:) Thanks!

expertmysteryshopper t1_jdq44vi wrote

dude iphone has face id so if u turn on cell phone 10 times , the phone will turn on "activation lock "because 10 wrong facial recognization attempts.