Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tiagojpg t1_iu1mt1h wrote

Crash Detection.

luisgermanotta_ t1_iu1rjbr wrote

and action mode for the camera. I think that’s all

tiagojpg t1_iu1wjue wrote

There’s a few more but that was just the one that popped into my head haha.

International_Rip186 t1_iu3nyc0 wrote

I could have used that one my bike yesterday…

Nitin-2020 t1_iu3plwi wrote

action mode?

International_Rip186 t1_iu3q11v wrote

I crashed.

ShakeYourMaxim t1_iu4ehcx wrote

how are you doing today? How'd you land?

bennyman008 t1_iu1s9lr wrote

Action Mode, 4K cinematic mode, Emergency SOS via Satellite, Crash Detection, Bluetooth 5.3, 6GBs RAM, Always on Display, Dynamic Island, down to 1HZ Display Refresh, 2,000 nit peak brightness outdoors, quad pixel main camera.

ProfessionalDesk7296 OP t1_iu1sfpk wrote

Always On Display and Dynamic Island only for iPhone 14 Pro.

bennyman008 t1_iu2hmfm wrote

My bad, I don’t know why I thought I read for the Pros. Most of these don’t apply to the regular phone.

ChloeWade t1_iu2bhwq wrote

And iPhone 13 pros also have 6GB, just FYI.

bennyman008 t1_iu2hpjb wrote

Yup, I don’t know why I was thinking the pros, most of these don’t apply to the regular ones. They are very similar indeed.

ChloeWade t1_iu2hrlz wrote

Also, down to 1hz display only applies to the pro too.

triiiflippp t1_iu370wi wrote

Most of the things you mention are hardware limitations and not iOS16 limitations. A software update can’t include a new screen and more RAM.

gravis86 t1_iu40xxx wrote

I used to download more RAM on my PCs back in the late 90s. Lol

TuaTurnsdaballova t1_iu2lfhi wrote

The 13 pros don’t have action mode (what even is this?) or cinematic mode?

UnclePadda t1_iu3k3tq wrote

They have cinematic mode, but it’s been refined on the 14 Pros.

DuplexEspresso t1_iu38ni3 wrote

How of things you said are not ios16 (software) but hardware changes… like how the fun can apple bring 1hz refresh just by software of ios 16…

Beateride t1_iu1xzuy wrote

4K cinematic mode, Action Mode, "Crash detection"

Everything else is hardware based, that is mainly software

(You asked about iOS so I'm thinking you're talking about the software only)

Savings_Street1816 t1_iu5hb96 wrote

I think 4k cinematic mode is hardware based because of the upgraded 48 MP main sensor.

xForAnAngeL t1_iu6g56u wrote

It’s only for pro models

Savings_Street1816 t1_iu9mqzc wrote

I know. The regular 14 still has the 12 MP main sensor, so therefore 4k cinematic mode is hardware based.

Determined_Cucumber t1_iu3iolh wrote

The features most people are listing are not really iOS software restrictions, but more of hardware related.

If anything, only some software features can’t be taken advantage of due to hardware. It’s like saying you can’t use the RTX on feature because you don’t have an RTX card.

Realistically software limitations between models would be animations and interactions that dynamic island would use. You won’t get tiny information like what dynamic island is on pro models.

Looking to Regular 14 models, you do get newer default wallpapers exclusive to 14 models. Can’t think of anything else.

Overall, you’re not missing out on much on this cycle of iPhones software wise. It’s the hardware you gotta be after to have a noticeably different experience.

LithiumLizzard t1_iu3z480 wrote

Why the insistence by everyone that there cannot be a hardware foundation for a feature being listed to answer the question? The OP didn’t specify there could be no hardware basis for the difference, they just asked what you can do with an iPhone 14 that you can’t do with an iPhone 13 because they are curious what the difference is between the two phones. Every difference in what iOS 16 can do on the 14 that it can’t on the 13, except the new wallpaper, is based on a hardware change. Eliminate those and there is no point to the question or the answers.