Submitted by Cryptanic t3_y898g6 in iphone

since the SE 3 is a flop i want to know how you guys' SE2 is doing. Personally the size and speed are amazing, how ever the screen and battery life is embarrasing for a 2020 phone. i wouldve liked an extra ultrswide camera but for the discounted price of €400 euros with 128gigs of storage i think this phone is holding up pretty well

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_isyqp1f wrote

[deleted]

piggletZZ t1_it0brln wrote

The fact that it is not 300 but 700 in Singapore is what's keeping me from it. And the battery life is still abysmal compared to phones in the price range, and the physical hardware is limiting the speed you can really feel from the phone

Cryptanic OP t1_isyvuql wrote

because in 2022 a phone with a screen this small and a below-average battery life is really bad, and sales of that phone kinda show that

−26

razzthekid t1_iszd6mt wrote

Man’s bought the SE and complaining about screen size 💀

jm31828 t1_isyr16b wrote

Is the SE3 a flop? I know when I tried to order one there was a 3-4 week wait from Apple, so I finally had to go to an Apple store about 20 miles away to pick one up last week that was in stock (128 GB version, no store anywhere within 180 miles of me had the 64 GB version, which I wouldn't have wanted anyway)

Anyway, since the SE3 is so similar to the SE2, I thought I would chime in. I agree with you- I just wish that it had the slightly more modern camera hardware on it, even if just for the main camera- but a 2nd camera lens would have been nice. But, I did some side by side comparisons, taking a picture in my yard with the Se3 and my 13 Pro (I am downgrading as I have sensitivity to the OLED screen on the 13 Pro and just never liked the large size, and prefer touchID)- and then viewed them on my 27" iMac. I honestly am not seeing any difference, even when zooming in to 100% on the pictures.

​

These are fantastic phones at a good price, including about 80% of the perks that the mainstream models have on them.

Cryptanic OP t1_isyvo1v wrote

the photos look great on both SE's. but the rest of the phone is dissapointing. The SE 3 should has been an Xr tbh

−12

Sam51126 t1_iszcth8 wrote

but it caters to them that wanted a smaller phone

dislikebuttonz t1_isyvy1k wrote

Luckily the SE 4 will be a XR

−2

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszrsmg wrote

rumours. same rumours were about the se3 and they turned out to be fakep

−4

dislikebuttonz t1_iszuuhe wrote

That’s not true the rumors about the SE 3 were saying that it would still have the iPhone 8 design and that the following one will have the XR. Fuck you for downvoting lmao

−3

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszvdya wrote

−5

dislikebuttonz t1_iszvh6r wrote

Yeah now I just did but before I didn’t 💀

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszvkab wrote

what? english??

−2

dislikebuttonz t1_iszvmv0 wrote

That was English tho?

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszvptr wrote

you just did what and before you didnt do what? explain???

dislikebuttonz t1_iszvvlo wrote

You can’t use context clues? You sent that link to the picture while saying “no fuck you for downvoting me” and I replied to that saying “yeah I just did, but before I didn’t” aka I just downvoted you but I didn’t downvote you before. I can’t believe you failed to understand this

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszw4b7 wrote

you said 'fuck you for downvoting' except i didnt even downvote you and i showed a screenshot of me NOT down voting you

TWYFAN97 t1_iszck1y wrote

The SE3 isn’t a flop lol. According to some reports it’s selling better than the new 14 Plus. The SE line isn’t meant for everyone. It’s meant to cater to those who don’t mind the older design and want something that’s an iPhone on a budget. Also older folks like grandparents like the older design and home button as they may not want to adjust to the newer design, for them it’s a big plus and they get an improved chip, camera experience and battery life to boot! The SE just works and that’s all some care about, it was never meant to be a top seller.

Healthy-Bison459 t1_isyrbgx wrote

Had mine since April ‘20 I think? Maybe earlier, I’m at 89% battery life but it really doesn’t last a full day and really never has. My prior phone was a X that I would have kept for far longer (at least a year or more) if it didn’t randomly reboot (even after I paid for a new battery), it couldn’t be used as a reliable device.

And for the price of the 20SE, it’s been great but man the camera is outdated and the battery could improve. But for the price? Still a bargain.

Looking to upgrade soon…

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszrzwy wrote

i had it from october 2020 to september 2022 and its on 98% when i sold it. idk how and why people get their battery capacity so low

Healthy-Bison459 t1_isztd1s wrote

Battery health is something you have little control over man. Not to mention, it’s like 50 to replace if need be. 90% of the time my phone has used the terrible slow ass 5w adapter.

Emergency_Bill_5363 t1_iszu40g wrote

ive had 3 iphones and 2 apple watches so far. i used every single one of those devices for 2-3 years. i mightve even used my first apple watch for 4. I've gotten 1 watch to 94% capacity and all the iphones and the 2nd apple watch were still above 95% when i sold them.

Motoman514 t1_it05tgn wrote

My iPhone 11 is at 88% health after two years of being 20w fast charging, being plugged overnight, and wireless charging at my desk. I really don’t get why people hypermile their battery health. Like it’s not worth the stress.

Cryptanic OP t1_isyulh3 wrote

yeah the battery health for me is at 82%, but its not because of the phone its mainly just me with a 20W charger constantly draining and re-charging thru out the day. and for upgrades i feel like once apple goes with usb-c next year it will be the perfect time to upgrade

Healthy-Bison459 t1_isyx6je wrote

Will likely be the iPhone 16, I guess maybe the pros will have it who knows. I don’t see how a cable makes that kind of drastic impact on usability, but to some I guess it does. I know I have plenty of lightning cables — so I’m fine either way.

kaljisnedekha t1_isyryav wrote

I went from SE 2 to iPhone 11 to SE 3.

The SE 2 was a turd in terms of battery life. I got 3-4 hours SOT and was carrying around a Mophie case and a power bank.

The SE 3 lasts me a full day. Totally satisfied. It’ll gain popularity as it offers the same chip in the 14 for under €400 in the used market.

A serious steal and I benefit from 5G in my area.

7oby t1_iszz5nz wrote

The 5g in my area is hit and miss, mostly miss, I'll often have 4 bars but can't even do a speed test. I'm on Visible though.

PizzaWall t1_isytl1v wrote

I wanted a phone with a smaller screen. The SE 2 was an excellent choice for me. The battery life was fine. If the SE 3 had an improved camera, I would have already purchased one.

On the other hand, Apple reportedly stopped production on the 14 Plus Pro Max because nobody is buying them.

TWYFAN97 t1_iszcr0z wrote

I think you mean the 14 Plus. The Pro line is doing extremely well sales wise.

Cryptanic OP t1_isyv82c wrote

yeah especially not in this economy lol, an iphone 14 pro costs 1350€ in france and the regular 14 is 1000. which is crazy but it cant be helped ig

JonnyStarman t1_isyv7el wrote

Great question. Still love mine.

wedditasap t1_isz4sgh wrote

Keeping it on iOS 15.1 and holding up just fine - as an iPod touch I occasionally use just for fun.

Cryptanic OP t1_isz5mic wrote

damn still on ios 15? is that for jailbreaking purposes or you just dont want to update?

wedditasap t1_isz5yed wrote

both

ios 16 battery life is prolly gonna be terrible on se2. And using for troll store, will if a JB ever comes out.

I have a 14pro max as my main,

el_redditero12 t1_iszrhey wrote

It’s my corporate issued phone, which I got new in February this year. I changed jobs, at my previous employer I had an iPhone 11. Loved that thing; had it had an Oled screen, I’d have bought it. Anyways, « downgrading » from the 11 to the SE2 was… brutal. Poor battery life, not slow but somehow doesn’t feel as fast, small screen. The 11 was the first iPhone I was comfortable with for typing. Going back to the smaller screen was a pain

r101101 t1_isytqs0 wrote

I had a launch day delivery SE2 until the 14 launch. The battery life was abysmal by the end (charging mid day and again early evening, then plug it in overnight). Performance was adequate for my needs (I don't do mobile gaming) and the camera was fine for what it is (a "budget" iPhone, if such a thing exists). The back glass shattered about a week before the 14 launch (I really don't know how it happened -- one day it was fine, the next it's a spiderweb on the back) and the camera stopped working (plus the loss of environmental protection) -- that's why I got a new phone.

​

I got a great deal on a 14 (non-Pro), so I upgraded to that. I could live with plugging in the phone a few times a day (even if it was annoying on trips), but otherwise the phone performed fine.

Cryptanic OP t1_isyv1al wrote

damn what case were you using when the glass broke?

r101101 t1_isywm2c wrote

A case by Moment. It looks VERY similar to their "Rugged Case" (which is rather ironic), but it's entirely possible they redesigned the case I had in the past two years.

​

I did not yet buy a Moment case for my 14 (I'm using a Speck case on it), but may get a Moment case in a couple months for the 14 so I can use my Moment lenses. But the Moment case will only be a "I'm using the lenses" case, not my every day case.

Cryptanic OP t1_isz5bj6 wrote

that case look so clean actually, its weird that a phone like the SE would break from a small drop but maybe it was at a weird angle. however my rhinoshield bumper case is probably the best case out there i cant lie, clicky buttons, good backplate designs and excellent drop protection. having dedicated lenses makes sense for the SE tho

Clomer t1_isz7ncz wrote

I got my SE2020 on release day (I preordered it to replace my 5s that I got back when it was the flagship phone) and have been using it daily since. I’m actually typing this comment on it.

It’s treated me well, and I have no current desire to replace it. The short battery life other people report hasn’t really affected me, and it’s been sufficient for my use. The phone still reports 90% battery health.

My last phone lasted me 6 years. I won’t even start to consider replacing this one for at least another year (making it 3) unless it outright dies on me.

When I get new gadgets, I like to get current gen products, but then I’ll eke every bit of life out of it that I can before replacing it.

Cryptanic OP t1_it1j92z wrote

i feel like the more you wait to upgrade, the better your new phone will seem to you, which is smart

newecreator t1_iszr1bg wrote

89% battery health and still kicking but I am selling it to one of my in-laws because I just got an iPhone 14.

0astoria0 t1_iszv8uc wrote

have se2, its a good enough phone for me. battery health goes down quickly (85% rn) but idk if i just got a bad battery. my sisters is 89% despite having it for longer

riesendulli t1_iszwch4 wrote

Like ass. 80% health on battery. Day one launch edition. Need to charge 3 times a day. It gets a trade in this or next week.

No_Island963 t1_it0m9i6 wrote

Since I saw what Apple has done with the new iPads, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to rely on the old design

Soft-Plant-7076 t1_it193r6 wrote

been using mine for almost a year now, it’s been great most of the time. screen is nice with accurate colours (i’m fine with the size), performance is great, camera is good (i don’t really need an ultrawide), battery life, while average, lasts me through all day (it’s usually around 15% at the end of the day), and it’s compact

unfortunately, ios 16 update has been dog shit 💀💀💀

Cryptanic OP t1_it1jlpl wrote

yeah i dont know if its my battery health or ios 16 but lately i have been getting around 3h30 of screen on which i kinda crazy

Starry_m1nd t1_it1l8m5 wrote

i just got mine back in august of this year brand new. i came from a 7 and while there’s certain things that feel new, it mostly feels the same. iOS 16.0.2 is smooth but has weird bugs, i probably will get something different in a year