Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CaptainRagdoll t1_iuj3650 wrote

There’s no reason to jump to iPhone, because flagships offer similar performance overall of it’s pricepoint. iPhone advantages above Android:

• Tight integration of hardware and software: quality native apps with great integration to compliment itns features
  • Reliable and consistent software updates for 5-6 years
  • Consistent performance, because Apple designed it’s hard and software. Not a reskin from an already existing operating system.

Android advantages over iOS: (high end)

• Cutting edge technology
  • More camera features, better zoom.
  • Open operating system, customisable UI
  • Better display technology

I am a firm iPhone user, but I see both have their weaknesses aswell. The weakness will only show itself if you have it as a daily driver. The decision is in your camp, opinions have no value - user experience does. Bottomline: if you’re content about Android, there’s no real reason to swap out for an iPhone. If you’re open minded, and looking for something different, then it’s interesting to run to the nearest store and demo it. To experience.

galactilicious OP t1_iuj4tmw wrote

I love Android but all the Samsungs I've used just don't last long. And I'm not really interested in other Android phones. I guess all the advantages of iPhones you mentioned seem like they make the phone kind of... superior? In the long run

CaptainRagdoll t1_iuj7mf8 wrote

To me iPhones are the best, but that’s based on my own user experience and satisfaction. If you do decide to take the leap, do it with an open mind. And let it settle, because iOS feels different. I won’t say iPhones are the best for everyone, but they’re definitely very good. The same way other flagships are very good. If you’re open to new, go for it. ;) Haha