Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThatTimmKid t1_itccsy1 wrote

The trusted device is attached to the SIM card so if you still have the activated SIM card that the trusted device is linked to you should be able to plug it into an active device, receive the code then swap it back out. I hope this helps.

Hanz_VonManstrom t1_itd3awn wrote

Yes, if the new phone is activated with the trusted number (or the sim is swapped over) and you select the option to send a text, it automatically fills it in.

WordPeas t1_itcmp5z wrote

Yes you can later reset your phone and restore from iCloud backup.

The danger with iCloud backup is that it may have been overridden by a backup from you new phone. So disable iCloud backup immediately, until you get around to restoring from the old iCloud backup.

CuteCatBoy69 t1_itez4d3 wrote

Bruh really? That's stupid as hell that that's the default behavior.

WordPeas t1_itf4t2o wrote

I’m not 100% positive. It MAY create a different backup, even if the name is “iPhone” for both old and new iPhone name. But I wouldn’t take the risk.

LithiumLizzard t1_itg1phn wrote

This could be a problem on a free iCloud account with almost no storage. If the account has room, though, then it will keep multiple backups. I’ve had to create a new install, then go back and choose an older backup to restore, and it works fine.

On a free account, there may not be enough room for two backups, so the older one may be overwritten. If the person only has the free account, they could log into iCloud from any browser, upgrade to the 99 cent plan, go through this process, then downgrade again later if they want.

Flair_Helper t1_itfz4a0 wrote

Hi, /u/easycheesy1989 Thank you for participating in r/iphone. Unfortunately, your submission was removed for breaking the following rule(s):

Common support issues are not allowed, including issues with battery life, iOS or iOSBeta. For software support, post to r/iOS or r/iOSBeta. For hardware support, post to r/applehelp.You can also check our [Tech Support FAQ page(https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/wiki/support-faq)

Reposting posts removed by a moderator without express permission is not allowed. Not here, and not on most of reddit. Please read reddiquette (linked below).

For questions, comments and concerns, message the moderators.

Reddiquette | New to Reddit? | Reddit's Content Policy