Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PsycherKing t1_itzktru wrote

Depends on preference honestly. I have both 13 mini and 14 pro and I wish there was a size in between like a 5.8’ that would be the ideal size. Sometimes mini is too small for some tasks but I love the weight. The Pro has a lot of screen real estate but is sometimes too heavy. I would recommend testing the mini sized iPhone (if possible) and seeing it it’s worth downsizing.

bubbanbrenda t1_itzm0dy wrote

I 100% agree, I’m considering selling my mini and buying a refurbished 11 pro. The ideal size in my opinion.

xpxp2002 t1_iu07rit wrote

Without getting into the details of the reasons why, over the past 3 years I went X -> 12 mini -> 13 mini -> 13 Pro -> 13 mini.

I agree with everything you said above. The 13 mini's weight is just about perfect. Occasionally, I would appreciate the 13 Pro's screen, but it was mostly the telephoto lens and ProMotion display that I liked about the Pro. The quality difference between digitally zoomed photos I took with the 13 mini and the optically zoomed photos and videos from the Pro is quite noticeable. But it's just too large and too heavy. I really just wish I could get the ProMotion display and telephoto lens in a 5.4" (or even 5.6") iPhone.

After about 6 months, I've decided to go back to the mini and keep it. Switching back wasn't hard. I immediately enjoyed the comfortable size and weight again. I know there will be times I'll miss the telephoto lens. But a lot of times I'd be using the Pro in bed, and my fingers hurt just from trying to find ways to hold the phone and use it for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. The mini is easy to grasp one-handed. Fits into all my jeans pockets without jabbing me in the side. And fits into all my shirt front pockets.

It's just crazy to me how people love these huge phones. Hands are the same size they've always been, but for some reason the iPhone gets larger every couple years.

RandyLeRam t1_iu0nsut wrote

Some people have different sized hands :P and or use a device two handed also.

NAT1274 t1_iu2ci1v wrote

I said I wanted a Mini with a telephoto and had someone argue with me about why the ultra-wide is better lol

thinking_Aboot t1_iu07dnn wrote

It's funny, but I switched to an iPhone this year and got the regular phone instead of the pro specifically because of the weight. Glad to hear it wasn't a bad decision!

profburek t1_iu0fco5 wrote

Wish I followed you, I sprung for the 14pro for the camera and screen but don’t notice a difference in screen 😪 camera is pretty nuts tho but i rarely take pics that utilize the extra features