Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Beautiful-Sock-6283 t1_iu08mma wrote

Have the 13 mini since launch…when you don’t compare it to other phones, it’s great, small, very light, ultra reachability,

….but when you start to compare it to other phones, for example hand in hand vs a normal phone, you really see the cracks in its armor… battery life is atrocious. That screen really is tiny, makes you have to jack up text size if you want to see info clearly and quickly…any video or email, you’ll have to turn your phone to landscape…granted it’s easily done with one hand, but gets tiring. Did I mention how horrible battery life is ?

If you’re used to a big phone, browsing Webb pages normally, without zooming in, or watching YouTube videos in portrait without bringing your head closer…you’re not gonna like the mini.

It shines when you’re laying down and browsing or watching videos, one handed thumb scrolling and swiping can’t be beat in a device so light..

NMLWrightReddit OP t1_iu0t6da wrote

How long does the battery last usually?

Beautiful-Sock-6283 t1_iu0wihf wrote

Browsing the web or Apollo in dark mode ? even at full brightness, no worries…I’m good for the first half of the day, perhaps closer to 4 hours of SOT ? (Also another note, the latest updates to iOS have decimated the battery life and health) if you use the phone for anything else, binge-ing some YouTube, a family photo session, forget it, embarrassing to even mention….but, it’s a small battery, so it charges quick. A quick plug in with a fast charger or battery pack and you’ll be back at it.

CurlyOtaku_ t1_iu1cpo1 wrote

I think there’s something wrong with your iPhone? Most people I’ve seen get up to 7 hours with their 13 Mini.

Beautiful-Sock-6283 t1_iu1gfad wrote

Of SOT ? Perhaps if I turned on dark mode and adaptive brightness , 5g off, and tweaked every setting I could…definitely.

I’m running this bitch hard and fast, plugged in fast charging, full brightness, dark mode off, Waze and Spotify running while I’m recording 4k video every few minutes….no mercy Tim apple….