Submitted by suvl t3_z1d1q2 in iphone

Why can’t I click on things while an animation, like scrolling through any app, for the click to be recorded? I.e. scroll through settings and try to enter an option while the scroll is still rolling. It will not work. In any app. It’s mortifying.

Why can’t I select any text from any app, be it image or actual app text, directly from the app drawer and without having to take a screenshot, like I did on my Pixel?

How on earth is there no clipboard history? I used to keep hundreds of things on my clipboard for later and now I have to switch to the notes apps to save them.

Why is there no universal, enforced, right way to go back in an app to the precious app screen? There is no back gesture that works everywhere and each app implements it their own way. Some I need to press a button, others swiping left to right will work, others like YouTube it’s top to bottom. It’s maddening to have to remember the right gesture for the right app.

Why no fingerprint and face recognition? Face won’t work in bed with half the face covered by blankets or the pillow, it’s annoying to hit six buttons to unlock.

Why is the autocorrect on my own language (European Portuguese) so terrible? It fails twice the amount Google did.

Night camera, specially extremely low light, needs a gigantic fix.

There is more but I can’t recall right now. I was convinced that iPhone would be better in any and all aspects in relation to Pixel phones but in reality I can only say it has more performance and better battery life. Six months in and I’m not convinced.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rootshirt t1_ixa9vzv wrote

Saying it only has better performance and battery life ie: what most people look for in a phone, as just some sort of small irrelevant blurbs at the end is quite something lol

Also, if you require a phone have Touch ID as well, that's kinda on you for not doing a simple search if the phone you're purchasing has it beforehand, no?

suvl OP t1_ixaeq8r wrote

So many people using iPhones, I had to try and see what this had so special. Not convinced.

−5

TheHeavyweightChamp t1_ixa9m9q wrote

There are all kinds of things iOS does better than Android. If it isn’t for you, it isn’t for you. Move on.

suvl OP t1_ixaez57 wrote

I can only count one little thing. Copying an image to the clipboard is great. On Android you have to save it to the file system or share it to use it with other apps. Copying to the clipboard and just pasting in a text area is awesome and I’ll miss that.

−2

SaltCityHooligan t1_ixa9z9i wrote

>Face won’t work in bed with half the face covered by blankets or the pillow, it’s annoying to hit six buttons to unlock.

Hahaha, this is HILARIOUS. Go back to Android. You are making life way too hard.

newsman787 t1_ixadec1 wrote

Yes, check out the Pixel forums here and on FB.

Pixels have connectivity problems, battery issues, Touch ID misses and any number of other problems.

Many reported by enthusiasts.

And it often involves Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. So it’s not just older editions.

Then some are quite pleased with their Pixels.

So no condemnation here.

In meantime, move on if you’re unhappy with iPhones and iOS. Believe there will be no harm with your going.

sophias_bush t1_ixa9skl wrote

K.

Sounds like you need to go back to pixel then. Problem solved.

Beautiful_Cow6458 t1_ixaag3b wrote

I feel you on a spiritual level regarding clipboard history. I had written something extremely long and when I went to paste it, it only pasted the first paragraph. I was absolutely devastated as it took me ages to gather my thoughts and then start typing it. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Second thing also is that I can’t stand Face ID. There’s times I’ve tried like 4-5 times and it doesn’t work. I read somewhere they had Fingerprint of some sort until they swapped it for Face ID.

Another thing that bothers me, is that we can’t close all apps. I tend to use like 10-15 apps a day and found the close all apps feature ever so helpful.

And is there even a way to scroll down a really long page like grabbing the side? I’ve recently returned to Apple after being with Samsung for over a decade so I’m still learning how to use an iPhone again.

suvl OP t1_ixaeait wrote

Yeah! Not having a scroll on the right side of the screen that you can grab is excruciating.

hillandrenko t1_ixadlrj wrote

One more question. Why do you have an iPhone?

suvl OP t1_ixaegmx wrote

Decided to come and check the hype. Will stick for another six months but if iOS doesn’t get any closer to Android I’m going back.

−2

hillandrenko t1_ixaqj8b wrote

It's not going to get any closer to Android for the same reason MacOS doesn't get any closer to Windows so go and be Debbie Downer in an Android sub, I doubt anyone will miss you.

MisterEChops t1_ixar60f wrote

This is the dumbest thing ever.

I buy iPhones specifically because iOS isn’t like Android. If it became more similar I’d be unhappy.