Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Camp808 t1_ixfpx65 wrote

i was in the apple store for another reason & asked the person who was helping about the system data. i asked if it would be better if i restored my phone via itunes & he said no. he said it’ll doesn’t make a difference, it’s just how ios makes the system run optimally. he said that because i have so much storage, the ios just will use more of the storage for the system data so things will run faster. but looking at op’s storage, idk if he’s just speaking bullshit.

bedazzlerhoff t1_ixhni0i wrote

It’s not “better” to backup via iTunes vs. icloud. iCloud is arguably “better” for most people.

That said, when I worked at the Apple Store, we observed that even plugging someone’s phone into the store laptops for a while with iTunes open could reduce the phones’ system data. We didn’t know exactly why this was the case, but it does appear to be possible to reduce system data by having your phone plugged in to a device with the modem equivalent of itunes open.

Z_runner t1_ixg2rq3 wrote

Probably bullshit. I have a 64Go iPhone (yeah ik, terrible idea), system data takes about 9Go and Ive reached 61Go, so basically I can’t install anything more but these data won’t reduce