Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Interesting-Dish8894 t1_iy79qgk wrote

I was android for a decade plus until just recently. I had the samsung watch and a windows laptop for the past 2 years. I had a macbook pro for a decade before that while having nothing but android phones. I switched to apple because I wanted to try it out and my girlfriend has an iphone and I was getting tired of our text messages not going through on occasion for whatever reason.

The missing text messages doesn't seem to be an issue now. I can also send and receive full resolution videos and pictures now. For some fucking reason google couldn't figure out how to do that.

I bought the apple 8 watch the same time as the iphone14 pro max and an $800 macbook air to be my primary over my $2200 lenovo extreme 15.6 inch or whatever 4k touch screen carbon fiber this or that. I like the macbook air so much more just like I used to like my macbook pro for many years.

The apple 8 watch just kicks samsungs ass. I had the gear 3 watch and not the newest samsung though.

Everything just flows nicely and syncs across all the devices and there is no android bullshit with trying to get different apps to do the same thing as what apple does. Android can't do what apple does as far as their ecosystem. You say you don't care about ecosystem but once you are in, you would be a fool to not try and take advantage of what the eco system offers

I'm on my laptop and somebody calls I can take the call on my macbook, switch to my phone if i put my computer away. You got the whole facetime integration and way more stuff than I can get into here.

My kid has an iphone and it just works better for me when he has an iphone

There are things I don't like but I do plan on sticking with apple for a while and I will never be an apple fan boy.