Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dskatter t1_j22f5bk wrote

Unless you were syncing them to iCloud on a daily basis, you don’t.

That said…how on earth did you accidentally delete the app? It’s very hard to delete any app accidentally.

Supa_Dingus OP t1_j22g3ht wrote

Needed to free up storage but I thought it would be easily redownloadable when I was done with what I was doing. So accidental as in I didn’t intend for any of this to happen.

−75

dskatter t1_j22gpp3 wrote

Oof. Yeah, notes take up such minimal space that deleting them wouldn’t have made a significant difference.

Next time, delete a game or something. :/ Sorry, but I suspect all that info is gone. I hope I’m wrong.

gleep52 t1_j25u3zn wrote

Well his 30 days of backups shows 1000 notes - so perhaps he had tons of screenshots or other attachments and it showed up as one of the biggest apps to purge for space savings. If he had years of notes that could eat up a lot of space… sucks it’s gone though.

OP did you ever make ANY kind of local backups like with iTunes, imazing, or other usb backup utilities? You could probably find a way to recovery the notes db from that backup….

dskatter t1_j25uyrs wrote

I have around 250 notes, some with voice notes pasted in.

The space used? 38.3 MB.

I doubt OP’s notes were much over 1-200 MB.

gleep52 t1_j25x9f7 wrote

Video attachments? Who knows what they used it for…

dskatter t1_j26154m wrote

Either way, I think OP has learned a valuable lesson about deleting things that one needs without having at LEAST two reliable backups.

Feeling-Orange3229 t1_j26jp0x wrote

38.3MB for you 250 notes. OP’s screenshot shoes from the last 30 days 1000 notes. Who knows how many before he deleted the notes app. So I would say it’s possible for OP’s notes before he deleted to be a couple gigs. 250 notes - 38.3mb is roughly 6.5MB/ 1 note. 6.5MB times 1000 notes is 6500MB which is 6.5GB.

Supa_Dingus OP t1_j22h1ox wrote

At least the other ones won’t be disappearing. Thanks for trying

−22

paulstelian97 t1_j23prda wrote

Also try to use the offload function in the future. It's less effective than the full deletion, BUT you don't lose data for apps except if they disappear from the App Store.

mypicturesbox t1_j258hwf wrote

How do you get downvoted for this?

YODA0786 t1_j25cyqu wrote

Yeah, he’s not he’s not being a dick or anything. Just wants to know if he can get back his notes after accidentally deleting them and understands that it’s not possible.

Feeling-Orange3229 t1_j26inw6 wrote

For future reference, set up your iPhone to offload unused apps, so like abs that you don’t use after a long period of time it won’t necessarily delete it but it’ll offloaded which will free up some space in offloading basically means that like when you go to reinstall all of that data will be there