Submitted by CommercialLower7868 t3_zx4vqi in iphone

hi everyone, i've bought my ip xr in october 2021 as new, now, after 13 months my battery health is decreased to 89%.. i've always kept the battery level between 20-80%, except for some rare days when i charged to 100 and discharged to almost 0...i'll share some screenshots of a shortcut, it is normal a wear like this?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Bladiko t1_j1ymyba wrote

Does this shortcut still work on iOS 16.2? Thought the log files are no longer there?

Puzzleheaded_Boot186 t1_j1yq8p4 wrote

Bladiko t1_j1yqli7 wrote

Thanks which files hold this info though? All I see are jetsam, app wake files and applewatch related logs

CommercialLower7868 OP t1_j1yuipf wrote

yes. i'm on ios 16.2, you have to search for the logs named: "analytics", but you should also activate the share of logs with apple in order to get it.

_Suspended_Account_ t1_j1zy6z5 wrote

>I've always kept the battery level between 20-80%

All that work trying to conserve battery health, and it did nothing.

You guys need to stop obsessing over battery health. You've had this phone for over a year, it has an older, smaller battery. Your battery health is completely normal. Just use your phone, enjoy it, and stop trying to conserve the life of something you're going to replace within a few years. It will last far longer than you plan on keeping it.

CommercialLower7868 OP t1_j201021 wrote

you are right, i know, my goal is only trying limit the wear in order to ensure longer on my device since i didn't want to pay for a battery replacement, i want to keep a good battery health until i will change the phone, that's all :(

Ok_Good3255 t1_j22b30q wrote

Battery replacement at the Apple Store is literally $69.

Puzzleheaded_Boot186 t1_j1yq3qn wrote

You are on 85% actually

Sebbie_O t1_j1zv57d wrote

How are those cycles obtained? 🤔