Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dskatter t1_j1n21is wrote

It means your phone can sense them but the signal is too weak, so you need to get closer.

iam-whoever OP t1_j1n2bx4 wrote

i’m at the restaurant i was in last night and THIS ONLY SHOWS UP whenever i walk closer to the restaurant (closed today for Xmas). does it mean i left them in the restaurant? Edit: The Airpods are also FOLLOWING ME as Im walking around. It says they are with me. Is this normal? It’s like I swallowed them

I_think_i_am_lost t1_j1n2r02 wrote

You'll have to look through your poop, just to be sure.

Bleejis_Krilbin t1_j1o55nq wrote

Just poop into a ziplock bag and finger though it to find the earbuds. Once you’re finished, just put the bag under your bed for later use.

dopeymeen t1_j1okue8 wrote

time to pull out the ol poop knife.

leadingwithlove t1_j1p31zu wrote

only the OG redditors remember this one 😆

reindeermoon t1_j1q32ll wrote

OG? It was only a few years ago.

pauldeanbumgarner t1_j1q3d9m wrote

I guess I’m not OG Reddit. What is this?

reindeermoon t1_j1q42q9 wrote

It's probably the most referenced post in Reddit history. Combination of it's a really funny story, and it's so specific that all you have to do is say "poop knife" and everybody who ever read that post will know exactly what you're referring to. https://www.reddit.com/r/MuseumOfReddit/comments/ke8skw/the_poop_knife/

pauldeanbumgarner t1_j1q99jb wrote

Thanks. I’ll have to check it out.

Edit. Yep. That gonna stick with me.

mgb16 t1_j1sthzq wrote

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

wheelsee t1_j1r4xus wrote

OG? Poop knife was from 2018.

Reddit has been around since 2005.

Pandaburn t1_j1n7nyb wrote

Your AirPods don’t have gps. If your phone can connect to them, it will show them at your phone’s location. They are almost certainly in the restaurant.

iam-whoever OP t1_j1n8pk5 wrote

yeah one more thing that happened when i was searching for them at the restaurant is that when i requested to play the sound, i received a notification saying that my right bud was found and the sound was played💀 they are definitely inside the restaurant

https://preview.redd.it/wa04fxab958a1.png?width=1242&format=png&auto=webp&s=1dc5ca25489591e4601571c683f28e7c2a969ca7

CuteCatBoy69 t1_j1nl67d wrote

Have you not asked the restaurant staff?

iam-whoever OP t1_j1nmcp8 wrote

they are closed today. i called them 2 times

CuteCatBoy69 t1_j1nmuao wrote

You'll probably have to call them Monday and have them mail them to you.

131TV1RUS t1_j1pi1hd wrote

The AirPods get their position from your IPhones GPS.

Contact the owner of the establishment and tell them of you situation, ask them if they might have already found them.

If not, return when they have opened.

aaidenmel t1_j1pcf88 wrote

Yup, this happens when your phone is connected to them. Because the AirPods don’t have independent GPS, they use your phone’s location in FindMy.

SubstantialCarpet604 t1_j1pvpbx wrote

I don’t think AirPods are a good device that are used on find my. Apple kinda threw them to the curb. Try asking the restaurant once they reopen.

−7