Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DivideDry6910 OP t1_j2day5e wrote

Reply to comment by blueskyn01se in iCould+ 2TB by DivideDry6910

It’ll be fine for a while and ill be using the 2TB then all of a sudden bam iCloud storage full then goes to 5GB and stays at 5GB, but if i leave the family sharing and join again it goes to 2TB then just like randomly go to 5GB again 🤔

blueskyn01se t1_j2dc90o wrote

Very strange! I’m glad you’ve already tried leaving and returning to the family sharing, because that was gonna be the very first thing I suggested trying. So, that does fix it temporarily, but the problem just comes back later. Hmm..

What is your device?

DivideDry6910 OP t1_j2dcec4 wrote

Yes that’s fixes it temporarily and an iPhone 13 Pro

blueskyn01se t1_j2dfcy0 wrote

Okay. Did some reading on Apple’s support discussion forum. You’re not the only one to encounter this problem, and there’s a couple things we can try.

First off, you should try to sign out of your iCloud/Apple ID on your iPhone and then sign back in again.

After that, we would need some help from your dad since he’s the one organizing the iCloud subscription. It sounds like you’ve already had him try to remove you from family sharing and then add you again, right? Like, he used his own account/device to remove you and then sent you another invite? In that case, the next thing to try would be to ask him to completely disable iCloud family sharing for everyone, and then turn it back on again.

Just have him go into his Settings > Family > Subscriptions, select iCloud+ and then click the button the stop sharing it with the family. He can then immediate turn it back on. A few people claimed that this fixed the problem for them. I think it’s worth trying

TemperAMentalRed t1_j2fj1yw wrote

You are so kind to try to help and answer a question instead of just replying, "Look it up"!!!!

In my opinion, (not that it is important), this deserves kudos!

blueskyn01se t1_j2fjw1o wrote

Aw, heh, thank you :)

Like I mentioned, I do tech support for a living, haha. And I actually really enjoy doing it..! I dunno, it’s just really fun for me to investigate and troubleshoot problems. Plus I like to help people