Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Straight_Wealth_8933 t1_j21i9tg wrote

Cost to replace a battery in a iPhone 11 at an Apple store with a genuine Apple batt was $69 .. don’t know how much you’re paying to replace with a aftermarket batt but im sure by now you would’ve paid less by just replacing with a Genuine Apple battery.. Not to mention you get a 1 year warranty with Apple 🤷

BoxterMaiti OP t1_j21jtls wrote

Yeah I'm just gonna go to Apple and get it replaced. I honestly thought it was way more expensive to get apple to replace it, but on their website it estimates $80 in my country. That's literally what I paid for the non-genuine apple repair. Am I missing some hidden costs?? I really thought it was like double the price

EDIT: My closest Apple Authorized Repair shop quotes $130 for an 11pro battery replacement. Whatevs. If there 1year warranty I can always come back if the fucker starts swelling again

Straight_Wealth_8933 t1_j21mik2 wrote

No there are no hidden costs..I was surprised at the price actually being reasonable myself lol… I just got a battery replacement that was at 71% about a month ago .. They even replaced the batt with my glass back being cracked to hell and didn’t try to sell me a new back or anything