Submitted by amplexus23 t3_zyb423 in iphone

Long story short, My Friend recently passed away fairly suddenly, and his wife (also my friend) has asked me if I would get everything off of his phone so she can give it to their son (she's not currently in a good place to look through all of his photos or hear his voice 😥). She has his password, so I just need to know how to get all the contacts, photos, notes, uhhh, and I guess anything else I might not be thinking of right now.... I'm on a Mac, if that makes a difference, and the idea would be to have all of this info for her on some kind of drive so that when she is ready, she can go through it all.

​

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hectorwastakken t1_j24wu8g wrote

There’s these drives that are called iXpand by Sandisk. All you have to do is download the app and connect the drive to the phone and you choose the photos that you want to transfer to the drive. I’m not sure what else you can transfer on to it.

Mizter18k t1_j26dw2j wrote

I use this program call iMazing to download all the stuff from my phone. It’s a one time paid program but it is very useful and secured. Hopes it help.

pxr555 t1_j26j1m6 wrote

I would like to second that. Also most of the functions are already available in the free (demo) version.

SusPogBruhMomentChad t1_j24xtyg wrote

You should be able to plug it into a laptop with a lightning cable

CharlieAby t1_j256rc5 wrote

Install iTunes and connect phone via lightning cable. Photos don’t need iTunes to access and you can copy these by going into not the photo folders. The rest you can access via iTunes

Wellcraft19 t1_j27fbv1 wrote

Assuming that your friend used iCloud:

1. You have a Mac
  2. Create a local user account on it
  3. Connect that local user account to your friend's iCloud account.
  4. Allow Mac to sync down content from friend's iCloud (photos/videos, notes, contacts, web links/bookmarks, reminders, Passwords (yes, don't forget to export those)
  5. Copy/back up content to location desired (likely use local external drive to give to the widow)
  6. Once you have verified with the phone that you have everything, sign out from (his) iCloud account, deleted the temp ;ocal user profile
  7. Turn off 'Find' on the iphone, sign out from iCloud on the phone, and once that is done, do a full reset before handing phone over to the son.