Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HerefortheTuna t1_j1dc1v6 wrote

Reply to comment by FknBretto in What caused this? by TrashAtEverything_

My iPhone mini 13 is down to 84% after a year. I’m definitely getting it replaced soon

Sway_RL t1_j1djdo1 wrote

84%? my 13 pro is at 97% after a year. how is it so different

EndlessWondersWisps t1_j1djttx wrote

The Mini has a much smaller battery. So for simplicity’s sake, if you use both for the same workload, the Mini will need to be charged more often to last as long as the Pro. More charging=more wear

AFoxGuy t1_j1dmwvx wrote

My mini just got to 89% and that’s with 2+ charges a day with MagSafe, what are you doing?

−3

HerefortheTuna t1_j1gbvrx wrote

My 13 pro is 99% and I’ve had it since January. But that’s irrelevant to me since that one is my work phone that I rarely use

Edit: got the 13 mini in November 2021 and the pro in January 2021

ZuraX15301 t1_j1ghazl wrote

My 13 Pro Max is at 84%. I am watching YouTube and surfing social media most of the day.

Zieen_Kuo t1_j1dq5hn wrote

My 12 Mini dropped to 84% before it’s first birthday, but more than two years now and it’s still 84%. I don’t believe the degradation to be linear.

HerefortheTuna t1_j1gbia5 wrote

That’s fair. I paid for the appecare though so I may as well get it replaced.

masteredUI0406 t1_j1dkkne wrote

I’ve had a mini for 6 months now and it’s at 99% idk how you got it down to 84

HerefortheTuna t1_j1gbmqh wrote

I hadn’t checked in awhile but it dropped fast. I missed all of 97%- 88%

flipflubduck t1_j1e0d4l wrote

Curious of your charging habits. I’ve had my normal 13 for almost a year now (Jan 15th will mark a full year) and I just dropped to 98% earlier this week

HerefortheTuna t1_j1g8ej2 wrote

I use over 100% each day. Sometimes even 200%. I charge at my desk while working but also I use CarPlay a lot and charge over ivht

futures17gne t1_j1f13de wrote

I've had a 12 mini for 2 years and I'm at 88 battery health. I thought the 13 mini is supposed to have a larger battery? Must all be down to usage I guess.

I absolutely love the mini iPhones. Wish they had not discontinued them. I plan holding onto mine for as long as possible. Will likely get a battery change from Apple once the health dips below 60.

HerefortheTuna t1_j1g873h wrote

I use my phone a good amount. I also have a 13 pro but it’s my work device so I only try to use it for work things. I use about 125-150% of my mini 13 battery per day so likely have a higher cycle count than other folks do

FknBretto t1_j1djvur wrote

Either you have some very odd charging habits your you have a faulty battery. 15+% within one year is well outside of an acceptable degradation of product life

HerefortheTuna t1_j1gbrr7 wrote

I use mine phone a lot and I charge with wireless charger at work and usually the iPad charger or my work laptop dock when I’m home idk man. I have AppleCare so I’ll get it swapped when I find the time