Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_Suspended_Account_ t1_j1wcmrl wrote

If you've spent more than 5 years with one platform, I honestly think that for 98% of those people who switch brands, they will not last.

I'm the opposite. I was an Android user since 2010. Switched to an iPhone 13. I enjoyed it. Even got the 14 Pro; I enjoyed that as well, but I just missed Android and the things that it does better than iPhone (don't get me wrong, there are a ton of things Apple does better than Android).

We're creatures of habit. We love what we know.

haze250 t1_j27afih wrote

I was a Samsung user for a decade and TBH it was hard to come out of my shell to buy an iPhone until I finally did for the 14 Pro Max. I guess years and years of promise just brought me down to my knees, a stuttering mess, shutter lag, average to just good battery life, and my S21 Ultra that has the Exynos Processor(no choice since market doesn't sell snapdragon) some apps just lags often, the phone heats up like crazy until I noticed that the adhesive on the back panel just degraded/melted to the point that back panel is popping off due to what the service center said (overheating of the phone) and they blamed me for using the phone too much on mobile data.

Finally bit the bullet with the 14 Pro Max. The experience is just wow in terms of fluidity and app optimization standpoint. I never used my Samsung Phone like a Power user should (i.e Multitasking). The universal back button, home screen customization, and google assistant were the only ones that I missed but other than that after a month I am now completely used to iOS. Battery life is superb, and it runs way cooler than my Samsung Phone even while using 5G.

_Suspended_Account_ t1_j2921zx wrote

I was the same way when I switched from Pixel to the iPhone 13. I was blown away at fluidity, app optimization, etc. Just super smooth, incredible processor. But, a year later, I just really missed Android, flaws and all. You're only a couple months in; I'm curious to see if your opinion changes in a year like mine did. Don't get me wrong though, if I still had an iPhone, I'd enjoy it. But Android is home for me apparently.