Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Shankayy t1_j1zy2a3 wrote

Damn found this post at a perfect time. I just got my Jio eSIM done an hour ago. For context, my phone was from Dubai, so I can explain the process.

1. You can port your current number easily, don't worry about it.
  2. It will not cause an issue, however make sure that you mention this fact to them.

Go to a Jio showroom to get this done. In my case, we forgot to tell them that my phone is from Dubai so the process failed and we had to go back there to do it again. They will have to do something called bKYC (Branch KYC), so make sure you mention that your phone is not from India.

drDVMHomie OP t1_j21layb wrote

Yeah, I got the sense that the porting HAS to be in a Jio store to effect the shift. Good to know about the telling the origin story.

I'm going to see what I can get from Singapore, as lots of friends go back and forth from there, some coming next month.

Which phone did you buy? And does it have both eSIM and a slot for miniSiM?

Shankayy t1_j22cruq wrote

I have an iPhone 13 which does have both slots yeah

drDVMHomie OP t1_j22e1ef wrote

Another guy says he's got Vi, Jio, and Airtel, all eSIM. Can use any two and drop third, depending on who's got the best coverage where he is. Not sure why I'd need a physical sim any longer…

Shankayy t1_j22efl5 wrote

If you ever reset your network settings, you lose your eSIM. You then have to go to their showrooms to get it back.

drDVMHomie OP t1_j22g49c wrote

Oh, for real? That'd be a hassle, living in the boonies like I do.

Shankayy t1_j276yxq wrote

It definitely is, that's kind of the only downside to it