Submitted by Messipepsi30 t3_zsksyl in iphone

So weird that my 14 pro still warms up on minimal usage after 16.2 update.

It remains fairly cool when I’m on apps like Youtube, Reddit. But apps like Business Suite & Instagram warms up my phone just after a few minutes of use, all on wifi.

Yesterday i was just in the settings app and the phone heats up all of a sudden, like what the heck?

Just wondering if any 14 pro users has this issue or is it just me? Battery life is decent when the phone is cool but drops like rocket speed when it heats up. Will it be eventually solved by a software update? Coming from a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, this frustrates me soooo much.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HarmlessHeffalump t1_j1970tm wrote

I've noticed it with my 14 Pro as well.

I usually see it with my podcasting app and only notice when my phone throws an alert saying charging will resume when the phone temperature returns to normal.

My old phone was a XS and started getting them frequently around iOS 16 as well, but that seemed reasonable because it was an older device and I would get them when it was being put in strenuous situations (like being used in the sun in the car for GPS and music).

Seeing it on my 14 Pro, while it's charging in my 68 degree office that's no where near sun while just listening to a podcast seems like a flaw.

Messipepsi30 OP t1_j197jdn wrote

It’s acceptable for it to heat up quite abit when charging especially with a 20w fast charger compared to a 5w.

My phone behaves the same, gets pretty warm while charging till 65% mark and then it cools down right after that. I dont think that’s an issue though.

HarmlessHeffalump t1_j197q7o wrote

Mines just on a wireless charger, so definitely not charging at 20W, and I haven't had issues with other phones or devices heating up on this charger either.

Messipepsi30 OP t1_j1981n8 wrote

14 series definitely got some issues with heat management. Hoping it’s just another ios 16 bug and get fixed on 16.3. Definitely need to be addressed.

milanooo99 t1_j19zb0p wrote

its not the charger its photos app while charging your iphone it start searching for faces and locations and duplicate photos and dont forget icloud backup thats why your iphone start to heat

Rescan_cart t1_j1bea3l wrote

Back up on your pc and dfu restore.

Messipepsi30 OP t1_j1bfrk0 wrote

Did that fix the heat issue for you?

Rescan_cart t1_j1bgr0c wrote

It has. Hardly even gets warm now even with charging.

Messipepsi30 OP t1_j1btpzq wrote

Did yours heat up with minimal usage before the dfu restore?

Rescan_cart t1_j1bvwc0 wrote

Just going through photo albums would make it heat up. Certain apps. It doesn’t overheat now. It might get warm while charging if I’m using it at the same time but not like it used to

fmaldeco t1_j1dlhgk wrote

I actually did that, and it has not improved for me.

fmaldeco t1_j1dlf8j wrote

Same thing here. What's really weird is that as well as you said, it's not after heavy use. Just for random regular tasks.

Messipepsi30 OP t1_j1dxcux wrote

Which apps specifically makes yours warm/heat up? For me, Youtube & Reddit does not heat up at all surprisingly. Whereas instagram, facebook, business suite apps makes it warm to the touch.

Dfu did not work in your case? I was considering a dfu restore.

fmaldeco t1_j1dy33e wrote

It has happened when it's been plugged to my car via USB, while using music / Whatsapp / Instagram