Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

sushimonster_xoxo t1_j6ktsrr wrote

I have an Anker mag safe charger

GmYiyo OP t1_j6kvs7x wrote

I have a 12 mini so I was looking on this because fit better with it but Iā€™m worried about how the pack could affect the battery

sushimonster_xoxo t1_j6kx0jz wrote

So far Iā€™ve used the Anker a couple of times , 5times to be exact, and my battery health is still at 99%. I think as long as the battery is compatible with Apple products, there shouldnā€™t be any problems.

GmYiyo OP t1_j6kxclc wrote

Mu battery is 95% after a year of hace my phone and is a little bit hard to reach the end of the day without hiring under de 20% of battery on my device

TheLifeOfBaedro t1_j6kvue6 wrote

Isn't wireless charging always worse for battery health than just cable charging

Lunafreya_NoxF t1_j6lfpnu wrote

Yes it is, because it generates way more heat.

Itā€™s convenience vs longevity.

If you have access to official battery replacement itā€™s not much a worry but if you live in a country without it, it probably is.

GmYiyo OP t1_j6kw5zh wrote

Isnā€™t it? So itā€™s preferible use wirless charge?

−2

Lunafreya_NoxF t1_j6lfubn wrote

Wireless charging generates more heat, thus shortening battery health. But itā€™s so convenient.

Convenience vs battery longevityā€¦

GmYiyo OP t1_j6lg5vf wrote

Thanks for the info but thinking on that my wire 20w charge generar heat most of the time too.

−2

TheLifeOfBaedro t1_j6kxli8 wrote

Sorry, I may have been misinformed about the negative effects of wireless charging, but apples magsafe charges with optimized charging charging will keep your battery life healthy for longer. Although, I would stick to trusted brands. I think the main issue when charging is that some wireless charges tend to generate more heat when charging which is bad for the battery health.

bandpartyy t1_j6lai4z wrote

All wireless charging banks charge lesser, charge slower, and gets warmer faster, compared to wired charging. It has to do with the physics and inefficiency of induction charging.

Although yes, trusted brands work better than random brands. And that the heat generated might not be significant enough to damage the battery. I personally use a Magsafe charger for overnight charging and hasn't seen my battery health move the past 1+ years.

anamazingredditor t1_j6lld1q wrote

I have the Anker Magsafe. It does get warm same as when plugged with a wire. If battery health declines - which all batteries will- , so be it. One way or another, youll be going to replace your battery in the future.

When I travel I use fast charge. When at home I just use a slower/lower watt power brick, which generates a loooot less heat and not perceptible

AutoModerator t1_j6krt6i wrote

It looks like you might be posting about battery life or battery health. You should post queries or issues about battery life/health in this thread, where there is also lots of information. This post has been filtered for review, and may be removed.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

theonlydiego1 t1_j6l0q13 wrote

Just get the Apple battery pack. I had a Belkin Magsafe charger until I found out my sister threw it away. Itā€™s honestly the best one for battery health. ļæ¼

theskyopenedup t1_j6l7rf1 wrote

That one is ridiculously expensive and only comes in one awful color.

inspectorgadgetaudio t1_j6l9po8 wrote

Not trying to worry you but I thought Iā€™d start MagSafe charging with my new 14ProMax. I brought an ESR brand 10000mAh powerbank/pass through one with a kickstand. My battery health dropped in 1 month. I also had ā€œcharging paused due to heatā€ messages sometimes. It could be coincidence but I stopped using it and went back to 20W Apple charging via lightning cable and my battery health stopped dropping and has remained the same. I do have a separate MagSafe mounted to the air vent in the car though and I do use that still. Make of all that what you willšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø