Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ya_girl_drake_420 t1_j6k21lq wrote

Just came from a galaxy to the 14 pro max and notice my galaxy buds arnt as functional with my new iPhone. Wondering if anyone can give me tips on what AirPods are the best/ best value.

MangyCanine t1_j6kseb0 wrote

None are particularly cheap except for maybe the first one:

• Airpods 2nd gen. Relatively inexpensive but has the weakest sound. OK sound if you don't need much bass.

• Airpods 3rd gen. Better sound (has some bass) but is shaped differently than the 2nd gen. Some people find these uncomfortable. More susceptible to earwax blockage than the 2nd gen (search youtube for "airpod cleaning").

• Airpods Pro (2nd gen). Best sound, has noise cancellation. However, these are in-ear speakers which feel like having fingers stuck in your ear. However, you might have to get 3rd-party eartips to get the best fit (and, even then, these might not fit your ears). Much less susceptible to earwax due to recessed speaker grilles, although the outer vents can be susceptible.

ya_girl_drake_420 t1_j6ksv5s wrote

I was looking at the pro 2nd gens because they are the newest and seem like the best sound quality just by the specs I’m switching from the galaxy buds so I’m used to the tipped earbud shape. I was worried about the 3rd gena being uncomfortable as I have small ears so that’s very helpful

MangyCanine t1_j6kugv7 wrote

Yeah, people will small ears often report issues with the Airpods 3rd gen.

The Airpods Pro 2nd gen are better for small ears as they now have extra-small (XS) tips for a better fit in small ears. Note that you might want to go with 3rd-party XS or S foam tips as some people report a better fit with those vs the included silicone ones (but foam tips might not last as long as silicone ones).

ya_girl_drake_420 t1_j6kvoao wrote

Thanks for the help! I think I’ll definitely splurge and go for the pros! I was really down to those and the 3rd gen because of the mag compatibility. I just wasn’t sure if the extra almost 100$ was worth it. For me specifically it definitely is. Much appreciated.

dislikebuttonz t1_j6piv4w wrote

i’m gonna add onto this & say if you get them from a retailer that’s not an apple store (walmart, target, best buy etc), they have a 14 day return policy so you can actually return any pair of airpods as long as you bring the receipt or proof of purchase if they don’t fit you well