Submitted by Silent-OCN t3_10pykb9 in iphone

Is it normal for an iPhone 11 Pro to be super unresponsive when touching items on the screen and in general being slow and sluggish to respond?

Feels like my phone is a car waiting to heat up in winter all the time. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times of me clicking on an app or a button on screen before it actually does anything.

It’s so annoying it’s untrue. I have my phone updated to latest iOS and have reset it multiple times nothing works. I do have a tempered glass screen protector on if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice you can give before the phone goes in the bin.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

teekaymizzle t1_j6mskpa wrote

it is not normal. i've got a 256gb iphone 11 pro with a screen protector, the only issues i run into are semi-frequent app crashes. i would recommend replacing the battery, it's possible you could have swelling that is affecting capacitive sensors.

Silent-OCN OP t1_j6myj84 wrote

It’s got a brand new Apple Store fitted battery last month

lil_sebastian13 t1_j6mvtwp wrote

Try taking screen protector off and see if issue persists, if it does, likely a failing display.

Silent-OCN OP t1_j6myl5g wrote

It only seems to be an issue when the phone is left idle for any period of time though.

Dynamites-Neon t1_j6mxfr8 wrote

Is the display a genuine apple part, or was it repaired with something else?

Check storage, try to get to at least 20% free space. When you say you’ve reset it, do you mean you erased it? If not, try Restoring it with a Mac or PC with iTunes. And set it up as new— don’t use a backup.

Also, you can call apple support and they can run diagnostics on your phone for free

Silent-OCN OP t1_j6mynbx wrote

All parts are genuine. Only replacement part is Apple Store fitted new battery last month.

Dynamites-Neon t1_j6n07hx wrote

Did the issue start after the battery repair? Repairs have a warranty, maybe they can replace your screen for free

Silent-OCN OP t1_j6n0cy2 wrote

Yeh to be honest I notice it a lot more now. I might book an appointment cheers