Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

noice_guy_ t1_j5ty6zx wrote

Believe it or not: Value. iPhones get like 5+ years of updates. A thousand bucks over 5 years is better than $800 every 2 or 3. I used my iPhone 6S for so long and probably wouldn't have upgraded if it could hold a charge for more than a day. For reference, I did the $29 battery replacement which cost Apple a ton of people upgrading their phones.

I still believe the iPhone 6S is still usable. It never felt slow or anything.

ComprehensiveFail628 OP t1_j5ue0s8 wrote

That’s a pretty good reason longevity is important. I personally love the fact that iPhones last along time. As I don’t usually tend to upgrade every year. Usually every two or 3 years.

Isotope_Soap t1_j5uyu46 wrote

The eco system simply works 99% of the time. iPhone, 2 x MBPs , Apple TV, HomePods and an old AirPort Time Capsule harmonise without any difficulty.

The first time my MacBook “rang” from an incoming call I was stunned. Had no idea that was even a thing.

Like you, value is another example. Got flack from family at the price of my 2012 MBP at the time. Ten years later they’re still solid machines. I’m not a power user by any means but for routine tasks, it serves me well.

sweetdidi t1_j5vbbtu wrote

Yep take me as example hehe, but I’m switching to iphone 14pm and im sososo excited, due to battery camera and faster performance, but love my 6s plus so much I’ve had it for so long I feel like it’s a part of me

iAmmar9 t1_j5yipqg wrote

So many people are upgrading from the 6S+ to the 14PM lol. Is it because it has reached EoL major updates wise?

sweetdidi t1_j5yx3u4 wrote

lollll ikr??? no updates don't really matter to me but I cracked my original screen recently so I got it fixed and replaced the battery but my phone isn't like it used to, it was much better before I fixed it, also Id love to have bigger screen and much better battery performance and the storage too because now I rely on my ipad on everything and I miss using my phone most of the time

QuantumFuzziness t1_j5wmyf5 wrote

I’ve said that they are good value to people before and been laughed at!. They don’t get slow and laggy over time and I like being able to get back a couple hundred after owning the device for 4-5 years which is how Iong I usually keep them.