Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bvelorllmaac t1_j64p5f7 wrote

QuickScan, a free document scanning app. For one time donation you’ll get rid of the annoying popups. Saves .pdf files to your choice of cloud storage, even iCloud (many don’t support it).

WishfulFantasy t1_j66cny9 wrote

why dont u use native apple scan? it works great

Bvelorllmaac t1_j67t5gs wrote

I believe there are 2 native ways to scan documents in iOS.

(1) via Apple Notes -> stores scans in Notes but I want to have my scans in a file system because i use multiple non apple devices.

(2) via the Files app -> requires to open the files app and navigate to a specific folder. But I want to click one button to start scanning. I know there is a way with Shortcuts to do exactly that but from what I have experienced it does not work reliably (with Shortcuts).

WishfulFantasy t1_j6a5yyh wrote

Yes. I often use via files app.

What do you mean by click a button to scan? Turn off automatic shot? You just have to toggle on “manual” button and it will only scan when you click

Bvelorllmaac t1_j6czy8g wrote

Well I dont want to open the files app, navigate to a folder, and start scanning. I just want to open an app with a single click and start scanning.

WishfulFantasy t1_j6d8sbn wrote

I trade it for no ads, no watermarks and no subscription lmao

Bvelorllmaac t1_j6d95t6 wrote

😃 QuickScan has no watermarks and no subscription. Ads only for itself which you can get rid of with a one time payment.