Submitted by Bismarck_seas t3_10mo6og in iphone

Any tales of old iPhones still working today?

My XR which is from 2018 sth, used it rigorously throughout my college years, and volla it still works flawlessly as of today and everything is so smooth and fast and I can still get about 5 hr of SOT with it which I am happy with, with a battery change and I think it can work a few more years without any complain.

While my android phone in 2018 is almost unusable and laggy and battery drain so quickly

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ReluctantApple t1_j64dfoo wrote

Running a 2016 6S and perfectly happy with it after one battery change. I expect another 2-3 years before I change it.

kushpeshin t1_j65dm2w wrote

Before I dropped and broke it like an idiot, my iPhone 11 Pro aged stupidly well. I imagine the newer iPhones will be faster but I didn’t feel the old phone being slow.

Now using a refurbished iPhone 12 PM it’s still surprisingly quick for an over 2 year old phone

Shooter208 t1_j64h9b6 wrote

My mom just finally updated to a 2022 SE last month from a 5c. She temporarily used an old 6 because our carrier took the 5c off their whitelist and it wouldn't get data/calls.

And my son has my old launch XR and uses it daily, although the digitizer is delaminating from the LCD.

nmdrio t1_j65d494 wrote

What Android phone? Did it cost as much as the XR? Because if you compare an XR with a cheap Android, that it not fair.

dislikebuttonz t1_j67fyxx wrote

maybe he meant software support? because technically the S9 released in 2018 doesn’t have the latest android version

Trax95008 t1_j65npcv wrote

I have a working iPhone 4 from 2010. I don’t use it daily, but I do occasionally. Still holds a charge just fine

O-M-E-R-T-A t1_j65xp4y wrote

My 4 still works but it is slow.

5s is OK - problem is the low storage 16GB and pretty worn battery (new battery isn’t cost effective though).

oftenGetsItWrong t1_j6aym05 wrote

My XR is on its last legs at 59% battery health. I was very happy with how it held up till around the 4 year mark. Would have happily gotten a replacement battery except I've completely smashed the back glass of the phone beyond repair.

Campnomore t1_j6478g9 wrote

My original iPhone SE (2016) still works fine as a backup but I'm using the iPhone X, which was replaced by your iPhone XR about six months after it was released.