Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

nopestillgotit t1_j6mc39p wrote

Yes. It’s getting old. It’ll be 5 this year. The newer updates slow the older phones down simply because they cannot handle it as well as current gen phones. While it will probably last a good while longer, the updates will stop coming in probably within the next year or 2.

fidget2011 t1_j6mftdh wrote

Battery health also courses this

Aloopyn t1_j6mmes1 wrote

WTF am I looking at? Is that a smoking phone in the sunlight?

cokenrum1 t1_j6mgbra wrote

What's your battery health percentage? Likely, a culprit here.

Technically_Bored14 t1_j6n1iu4 wrote

It’s probably getting better older… and the only thing that would affect that is battery life because other than that it should be pretty similar to when you bought it new. Older phones lag bc new software, apps, movies need and a built to use a faster and better processor like on the newer phones. Especially if you spend sometime using an 11 pro or newer and the. Go back to using your XS. Max you’ll definitely experience and notice a difference in speed and lagging but again that’s just because XS was great for its time but especially with 5G rolling out it couldn’t keep up. for example my 11 pro max was and still is years ahead of it time. No issues with lagging and has been able to maintain similar amounts of productivity compared to when I got it in 2019, without lagging. I replaced the battery last year and it’s been great. If your a heavy iPhone user (other than light browsing calling & texting) I would consider upgrading. Only bc XS is great but long term I don’t think It would keep up

weird_little_idiot t1_j6nh8i4 wrote

Just wondering what this photo has to do with your question?

Markuslw t1_j6p5xi5 wrote

It's a cool photo. You see the iPhone reflection? Art. At it purest form.

jibblin t1_j6odfo7 wrote

Pointing your phone at the sun and taking a picture is really bad for it. Youre burning your camera lens.

lil_sebastian13 t1_j6mwny1 wrote

How much available storage do you have?

DaBronic t1_j6mxin0 wrote

Likely this. My phone starts acting up when I only have a few gbs left

lil_sebastian13 t1_j6mxu58 wrote

Always leave some breathing room in storage, it’s different in all situations, but at minimum I’d say 3-5GB should be kept free. Hope that helps.

TWYFAN97 t1_j6oiu0x wrote

Sounds like the battery may need to be replaced.

RockyRaccoon968 t1_j6pgx4j wrote

My Xs is super smooth. If I upgraded its for the camera, not the performance.

Takahashi_godmod t1_j6nx8ji wrote

I believe updates are deliberately making your phone slow so if you’re using an older phone my advice would be to not update unless you really have to

3dforlife t1_j6p5jwx wrote

I don't l believe it. There was a scandal some years ago when it was discovered that Apple slowed down the iPhone 6, 6s and 7. They don't wasn't too risk that again.