Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Snoo_93644 OP t1_j6x3er5 wrote

Now I think this is likely a malfunctioning traffic light, is there anyone that I can report this to?

BlueBeagle8 t1_j6x5uwi wrote

I would try James Solomon's office, in my experience they're pretty responsive and should be able to route this to whoever needs to see it

objectimpermanence t1_j6yfc7f wrote

The area in the video (Sussex & Hudson St) is actually now in Gilmore’s district (ward F) instead of Solomon’s.

Everything in Paulus Hook south of Grand Street is now Gilmore territory after the redistricting.

carbosaurusrex t1_j6y5yyl wrote

Seconding. Send them the link to this post too- the other comments might be useful as well.

imaluckyduckie t1_j6y4534 wrote

You can report it on the SeeClickFix app and then the city will work with NJ Transit to figure out where the issue is

TrafficSNAFU t1_j6yjku6 wrote

I'd also notify NJ Transit just in case since the signal should be interlocked with the HBLR system.

Puzzlekitt t1_j6yznbh wrote

Call NJ transit's line. I saw this too at the stoplight on 6th st (Thomas Gangemi Drive) near Washington Blvd (by VB3 pizza). Was in an Uber sitting at a red light 3 cars behind the first cars, the stoplight turned green, the cars in front of us took their foot off their brakes, and then we all saw a a light rail train approaching without slowing. Everyone stopped and my Uber driver and I were in shock. I called NJ transit to report it and they said they would come out.

Also you could add a screenshot to the Resident Response Center (RRC/SeeClickFix) app or call them at 201-547-4900

flapjack212 t1_j6xkw2t wrote

these signals have gotten so messed up recently i don't know why. i've been reporting them via the webform but nothing is getting done

i consistently see red light for cars, no trains. 30-60 seconds pass. train comes and approaches intersection. car traffic light turns green, train light is go.

this has been 3, 1 of those times the car traffic light suddenly turned red (i think it did show yellow but literally went green yellow red in less than 2 seconds).

akowz t1_j6ypdm1 wrote

>i consistently see red light for cars, no trains. 30-60 seconds pass. train comes and approaches intersection. car traffic light turns green, train light is go.

I have been seeing this so incredibly frequently around the intersection of Greene St and 2nd St.

It's only a matter of time until a car or delivery bike gets hit...

pixel_of_moral_decay t1_j6ye613 wrote

They’ve always been like this.

They’ll be green when a train is coming, and red when there isn’t even a train running due to track maintenance.

You can’t really rely on the lights. You just need to look for train traffic.

flapjack212 t1_j6z2el7 wrote

actually i didn't realize the video had 2 different clips combined. the second clip is literally what i described in my last sentence. though i saw it north of hoboken

HappyArtichoke7729 t1_j6xh1a2 wrote

This is exactly why there are constantly accidents in this area.

JourneymanHunt t1_j6xnw3a wrote

This happened to me last week with my damn kids in the car! Had the green, going fine and APPARENTLY so did the train! Had to slam on the brakes so I didn't hit the damn thing. I tried to get a pic of it, but was too slow.

sub422 t1_j70115w wrote

I operate the light rail, and as of a week ago our Traffic Operating signals are messed up all up exchange place, so if you see us passing it we have to notify control center and get permission to pass a horizontal (red) signal. We have been complaining but it’s anyone’s guess as if they do anything about it. Last thing we want is to Amy Degise someone with the light rail

saltypbcookie t1_j6xa3k3 wrote

I saw this happen a few weeks ago and I swear I was like seconds away from watching an old man get killed by a train (while the signal for pedestrians to cross was on the entire time the lightrail sped through).

Horrifying.

flyingcrayons t1_j6y5ran wrote

Someone posted something similar a couple months ago at the crossing at washington and 1st and ever since then i've done a quick double check of the tracks before i cross them with my car/bike. Definitely scary that you could have a green light and all of a sudden a train hits you

objectimpermanence t1_j6yfych wrote

You should send this video to all the local media outlets. Hopefully one of them has a slow news day and picks this up.

Tag them on Twitter and/or send an email.

BeMadTV t1_j6zttw4 wrote

The light near LSP light rail at the intersection that leads into the parking lot is also horrible.

garth_meringue t1_j6z823v wrote

It's idiots in the train. You can see the train signal which is a white bar that can be sideways, diagonal or vertical. I've watched the train signals change in sync with the stoplights and pedestrian signals, and the trains just run it when they feel like it.

garth_meringue t1_j6z945x wrote

12 seconds into the video you can see the stoplight change from yellow to red. If you look all the way to the right you can see the white strip signal is horizontal, which tells the train to stop. At 16 seconds it changes to vertical meaning it can go, which makes sense since it should wait a few seconds after for traffic to clear.

It would be good to have clear video of the signal the whole time, but I've seen it in person. The problem isn't the signals.