Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SyndicalistCPA t1_j71yqaw wrote

Why can't you use the complex's gym? Hard to help without knowing exactly what you do at the gym.

For lifting, I would say World Boxing Gym is pretty great. A bit gritty but I like it.

Aggravating_Sand352 OP t1_j7260ru wrote

Sorry I meant to be more clear. I am moving out of the complex...really just for some cardio machines and dumbbells is all I need.

samwiseganja96 t1_j73fmrl wrote

Second world boxing gym. It's a no frills gym it's affordable. I love it's aesthetic

DirectorBeneficial48 t1_j72njgo wrote

It's early february. All the gyms suck right now. Given that you said all you need is some minor nonsense, just pick the least expensive chain near you.

Direct_Ad18 t1_j72oa6x wrote

Base gets a lot of hate for some reason and yea, it's expensive, but I love it. I think all of the things it has to offer make the price well worth it.

GoHuskies1984 t1_j7399h4 wrote

Base gets hate because the member fees without discount are high. Still worth it IMO, unless you commute daily into the city in which case I'd consider TMPL or a single club Equinox membership.

certifiedforgedcheck t1_j775v8n wrote

Base, and Club Metro are probably your best (and only) options. Although there is a rumor Iron Culture may be setting up another location in JC.

ahhhzima t1_j72n5nv wrote

If you are not going to be lifting super heavy and have the space, I’d recommend investing in a set of adjustable dumbbells and whatever cardio machine you need and working out at home. The gyms here are super expensive for your use case, plus very crowded this time of year.

I go to Base and like it, but I’m also making use of heavy weights and machines that I would never be able to fit in my apartment.

Prudent_Ambassador_8 t1_j73j45y wrote

Base gym is recommended 100%. As residence of Columbus towers we do get the membership at discounted price but the classes and machines are worth it.

DM me if you want me to recommend you as I think there is a friends discount

Puzzlekitt t1_j73wyh8 wrote

I find it insanely crowded. Do you know times when its not as crowded?

Metallicat7 t1_j759obi wrote

Base gym is a big gym with a lot of machines and clases. World Boxing Gym used to be the cheapest but their machines are so so old and they raised their prices to $70+tax per month which just isn't worth it. Club metro is $50/month and much much bigger with tons of classes too.

Hopai79 t1_j797pmp wrote

If your work has a gym and membership is <$100 I'd use that gym unless you work from home.

I personally use Lifetime in One Wall Street and couldn't be happier.