Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ohenry_94 t1_j9twjhe wrote

Is it called Little India or India Square. I have been losing my mind over this!!!

photo-smart t1_j9twx9d wrote

I've only ever heard it called India Square. I though OP was referring to a specific restaurant called Little India lol.

Jahooodie OP t1_j9u2bcz wrote

I've heard it called India Square, Little India, Curry Hill. I've heard these from folks who've owned and lived there for decades, more recent folks (Indian decent & non) as well as in print media/television. Take your pick, we all know what is meant I feel.

Edit: The new-ish banners that went up on light poles in the last few months have "India Square" on them, so maybe that's a vote for it being most official?

photo-smart t1_j9up77u wrote

Honestly I thought you were referring to a restaurant cause the point above it you mention Philippine Bread House, which is a restaurant, not a general area. But of course if I was talking to someone and they said Little India, then with context, I'd understand what they meant no problem.

Now, if somebody I was talking to said Curry Hill, then I would not understand what they meant lol. That sounds too weird to me, but whatever. I've never seen it in print either. Of course if you're saying that Indians that live there call it Curry Hill, then who am I to correct them. I guess I'm just not "in the know."