Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jacob4721 t1_je8iczh wrote

That's a good idea! But I love to help people in need

fltlsyko t1_je8ixq1 wrote

Ok... except you're hurting your industry by undervaluing design work and taking away paid work from people who do this to pay their rent. You would rather hurt your peers to help strangers? Look into non profits if you want to volunteer your time or charge a small fee, otherwise make up projects on your own.

doglywolf t1_jeb0pk3 wrote

the people that will take him up on the offer are probably people that would not have spent the money on it anyway. Grab a few people with some simple store / restaurant pages or something simple .

Cast a net and pick and choose what he does for free. I doubt he is doing corporate level BI/ AI that people pay the real money for and more of a here a few business pages i did and helping the local community.

There was a time in my life where 3/4 of the business in my area had free pages done by me just to help the community . Restaurants that wouldnt have them otherwise or half ass self builder in frames sites that look 20 years outdated otherwise.

Leave the man be

fltlsyko t1_jeb7i7a wrote

Times change.

−1

doglywolf t1_jebkvcd wrote

Not that much - anyone complaining about someone making a basic website for free - its not a peer or someone that should be getting paid for such simple work to begin with . Too many people call themselvs web Devs that can barely make a functional website.

The true work would never be given away free - the stats, BI , KPI type work that is really needed. Integration and business continuity stuff . That what you dont give away , that might hurt peers and industry but simple stuff that takes an hour to do is great to do like this . Help people out , make a profile for yourself...no one is under value it simple work and just practice for someone that probably didnt go though normal education channels