Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fltlsyko t1_jef0t6x wrote

I used HR Block last year and all I have to say about that experience is, never again. What a nightmare. I used Free Tax USA this year for myself and my partner and it was very easy.

viniciusah t1_jef4lek wrote

I used KPMG in the past, and they messed up so much... Friend used KPMG and H&RBlock, same result.

FreeTaxUSA every year.

fltlsyko t1_jefa2bo wrote

My HR Block issue was a little unique in that I made the mistake of going with the one closest to me in UC and they paired me for the virtual service with an older woman who wasn't familiar with my tax forms and didn't speak English well enough to understand me explaining to her EXACTLY how to do it.

I understand the necessity of having Spanish speaking professionals here, but I have no idea why the company is allowing people to be paired with her indiscriminately or why she is called an "expert" when she had never seen some of the forms I needed.

I had to escalate the issue three times, go in for my VIRTUAL return, and then go to a DIFFERENT HR Block to finally fix everything. Company never got back to me about the case I opened about it.

Only good part is I learned enough about doing taxes through that whole process to be able to do it myself for the rest of my life. Ok, rant over, thanks for listening hahahha.