Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

flapjack212 t1_jcag2ud wrote

i'm not sure i really understand your question, did you call hertz?

i've paid for platepass after electing it, i've never paid it after not electing it, seems like a pretty simple issue to complain to hertz about

edit: reading it again now, is it that you didn't elect it, used a toll road, and then were served the all-inclusive fee rather than the per-usage fee? sounds like you should ask hertz if they still have a per use fee at all. that said the per use was like $6 adminstrative + your actual toll price so depending on where you went it might be similar $ (which is why i ended up voluntarily electing the all inclusive last time)

No-Anybody5254 OP t1_jcdptcb wrote

To clarify, I did not elect anything upon picking up the car. The guy at Hertz didn't mention anything about Toll at all. I was charged the all-inclusive fees which was substantially more expensive than the actual toll amount.

In the past, I have rented Hertz cars in many other locations. One time, I was told by a Hertz person, as long as I take out the EZ pass in the PlatePass box attached to the windshield, I would be charged per-usage fees. If I don't take it out, they will charge by plate (which was the same as all-inclusive, because I actually forgot one time before).

Today I called Hertz and was told I need to opt-out of all-inclusive explicitly.