Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jerseycityfrankie t1_iu8n902 wrote

It’s funny when you travel and they take you to “the best Indian restaurant “ in that location, because afterwords they look at you and go “well, wasn’t that the best Indian food eve?” and then.....you have to be diplomatic because you’re from Jersey City.

protonmagnate t1_iu9n0vc wrote

Welcome fellow reformed Brooklyner. You will never have nasty Indian food ever again, but depending on where in bk you’re coming from, you’re really gonna miss good Jamaican/Caribbean food. At least I do but I came from Flatbush.

podkayne3000 t1_iub5quv wrote

Have you tried any in Greenville? Are you sure none of them are worthy?

protonmagnate t1_iubf06l wrote

Do you have recos to share? Just recently bought a car so I’m down to explore the west side more

podkayne3000 t1_iugsc01 wrote

A. I don’t know much about this topic. I just know that it seems as if we have Nicole’s and El Sazon de las Americas, while the West Side has zillions of Caribbean food places.

B. Maybe start with Jerkin Chicken? Their Google entry looks great to me:

234 West Side Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07305

dandelionroots OP t1_iube9ed wrote

That’s sad to hear! I might have to make the trek back to De Hot Pot in Flatbush just for their doubles.

protonmagnate t1_iubey59 wrote

Lol we must have been neighbors at some point. I miss there and exquisite express on church and nostrand

keepseeing444 t1_iu8ts00 wrote

I would also recommend in JSQ Little India:

Dum Biryani (goat or chicken) from Pariwaar Delights
Samosas and mixed plate(kebabs/rice/salad) from Samosa Paradise
Crab Curry, mutton chukka, fresh parotta, from Masala Cafe
Dosas at Sapthagiri

Glad_ds t1_iu7scos wrote

if you think that's good, try Swadist. i can guarantee you it's better.

foot-trail t1_iuao6os wrote

Rasoi is hands down amazing, but its a shame what they did with their dining room, the dining room ten years ago was great but now it feels really sterile.