Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chilltopjc t1_itvwip6 wrote

With no real competition, they can be as good or bad as they want to be. If someone thinks they can make a better bagel and serve each one with a smile, maybe there’s a business opportunity for them!

WookWook99 t1_ity7yde wrote

On my bucket list is to leave corporate America and bring the people of jersey city the bagels they deserve. I make my own bagels. They’re great, thinking of a farmers market table to start. bc obviously retail rent is atrocious. I grew up with Sonny’s bagels in south orange. And near where I worked in my 20’s, bagels 4 u in Springfield/millburn. I didn’t get egg sandwiches, you didn’t get scallion cream cheese on a single bagel. You got a brown bag of bagels and the option to purchase cream cheese to apply all on your own! You could make an egg at home with some cheese and bacon, and it would probably cost $3. The storefront in SO was tiny They just sold bagels and things you could put on bagels (even though you probably had all those ingredients at home.) If I can actually make this happen, you’re not getting coffee, you’re not getting eggs. Your getting a good, nah, great bagel to do with how you wish. Wonder bagel is fast food. I’d be just a great bagel.