Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

henry_sqared t1_iuq0c4h wrote

Q4 alone is twice what it was last year. That's about $1k to $2k increase for an average home/condo in JC. This is after an increase of almost $1k in Q3. So if your rent is $2k a month, and you landlord needs make up the current gap, then 10% is the min increase. However, there is nothing to suggest that there won't be continued increases in the year ahead, so there's an argument for raising rents over 10%. Still, 20% seems like a bigger jump than is likely warranted.

elseworthtoohey t1_iurcry4 wrote

Word of advice, stop electing union members to the board of Ed. The Tax increases are tied to the absurd raises the the Board of Ed gave the teachers in last round of negotiations . They thought the state would simply increase her aid to cover the increase. The state told jersey city to kick rocks so now you have massive increases.

[deleted] t1_iurjowg wrote

No they fucking aren't. The Q3 taxes were increased by the BOE, the larger increase in Q4 was entirely for the city.

suztomo t1_iurdshu wrote

Good if it goes to teachers.

−3

Economy-Cupcake808 t1_iut3s39 wrote

Bad if I have to pay 20% more rent and move to Harrison. As long as I live here I’m going to vote against these tax increases.