Submitted by jerseycityreadspoems t3_z28enh in jerseycity

AN AFTERNOON AT LIFECAP FARMS: All about mushrooms with Dr. Lindsay Chimileski

Saturday December 3rd, 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM

Tickets here: https://www.lifecapfarms.com/product-page/lifecap-farms-autumn-mushroom-symposium-ticket

In this engaging lecture with herbalist, acupuncturist, and naturopath Dr. Lindsay Chimileski you’ll walk away knowing all about mushrooms—how they grow and how they benefit the mind, body and spirit. Why are mushrooms good for you and what they can do for you? We’ll cover all things mycology from intro concepts to detailed research. 

Included with your ticket is exclusive access to the lectures, a curated lunch experience from Stop, Drop, ‘N’ Roll using Lifecap Farms mushrooms, a Reishi tea demo and offering from our very own farmer Rachel, and the chance to harvest your very own mushrooms! Mushrooms will be on sale at a special rate for this event only. Bring a notepad to take notes, an empty stomach, and an open mind…and get ready for an immersive and hands-on fungi experience! 

https://preview.redd.it/9mf6gono4l1a1.png?width=598&format=png&auto=webp&s=4f068375ff15b0161c92aa692290e761777da350

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TemporaryData t1_ixf6lp6 wrote

For a moment I thought I was on meetup.com

doglywolf t1_ixijomt wrote

pretty stoner / homeopathic remedy girl offering "special mushroom experience.

Hell i thought i was on backpages for minute there.

fartuni4 t1_ixflefg wrote

hold up thesse are legal in nJ?

oatmealparty t1_ixg89l4 wrote

Been legal for a long time, you can find them in almost every grocery store.

doglywolf t1_ixikv5r wrote

>psilocybin

Just googled it - its still not legal in NJ. Just not a felony anymore .

Its still up to a $1000 fine and probation or up to 6 months in jail for repeat offense . Most liberal cities like JC have policies in place to not bother with small amount ,but you get caught in some of the harder core suburbs or towns in NJ your still getting nailed.

oatmealparty t1_ixiu454 wrote

Who said anything about psilocybin?

doglywolf t1_ixiu8a1 wrote

opps meant to make that reply to the guy talking about magic mushrooms

FinalIntern8888 t1_ixi5pun wrote

While it seems this lecture is about all types of mushrooms, the answer is basically yes, it is no longer a felony in NJ to sell less than 1oz of psilocybin (magic) mushrooms.

BigAlOof t1_ixiky16 wrote

is psilocybin mentioned somewhere here?

JerseyCityNJ t1_ixhbvet wrote

I'd love to learn more about mushrooms. I will not pay $35 though.

Knowledge is to be shared, not sold.

And WTF is a "curated lunch experience"? I swear... the level of snobbery and privileged chicanery from little businesses never ceases to amaze me.

−9

doglywolf t1_ixikerm wrote

seriously...small business owner offering an OPTIONAL lunch and learn where they teach you stuff and you get feed and maybe make a buck . Your paying for the food and shrooms which are not free so why would this be free....

She isnt a teacher - im sure she would he happy to educate people in the manor as well but this is a posting or an "lunch event" the arrogance of people like you is the issue here.

This is someone trying to run a business , do a bit of promotion and give you a good deal on a lunch and learn .

Hell probably if your nice to her will let you sample the "good stuff" which i just found out in this very thread is decriminalized .

evgeney t1_ixktyl0 wrote

Do you know how I know you're trash? I think you know too. JC is diverse, in that diversity we have some hatred, bigotry and ignorance.

You too have a place you trash human you. Your toxicity helps people recognize the good and teaches how to do better.. because without trash there are no gems. Do you, be like trash