Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ilanaspax t1_ivihhck wrote

Describing JC as Artsy and gritty with a local butcher, mom and pops shops, and a thriving restaurant scene similar to DUMBO??? 😂 What a scammer.

jerseycityfrankie t1_ivjkkcx wrote

“Art washing” a term I first heard about in context of Jersey City real estate. You promote the art WITH the real estate to give some edgy cultural credibility to the condo building you’re hyping.

Ilanaspax t1_ivk3s6n wrote

You know you’re cool and urban when they slap a David Bowie mural on the side of your brand new fake renovated loft building đŸ€©

Jahooodie t1_ivjpukb wrote

She's promoting the JC of 20 years ago, with the shitty hyper gentrification that scrubbed all that away with the prices of today!

Ilanaspax t1_ivk44ln wrote

Her clients deserve to get scammed if they believe any of this bullshit.

edgertor t1_ivmvd3e wrote

hilarious when she called downtown "gritty"

NoSwordfish1667 OP t1_ivhprx6 wrote

Guess all those 1 month broker fees are going towards this lady's $26k Uber Eats bill

Cuprunnethover2022 t1_ividzry wrote

Mentioning that bill was one of the most obnoxious things I have ever read. She's horrible.

edgertor t1_ivmvaw9 wrote

she strikes me as an abhorrent human being

Lowkeylowthreadcount t1_ivjghzi wrote

Who is this woman and where does she live ? I want to egg the living shit out of her house and her face

dtg1220 t1_ivjypy0 wrote

Lolol easy to look up on nj property records - looks like she lives in the heights

KypFisto t1_ivjo440 wrote

This reads like an Onion article.

Brudesandwich t1_ivjkdxe wrote

As a former realtor, I hate realtors

IamLars t1_ivkb0g3 wrote

Lmao, this article is a vanity fluff piece. She is literally just jerking herself off.

kevstev t1_ivl622f wrote

Yeah- I was hoping to see an article that discussed how the financial crisis made building rentals more profitable than condos and how that effects neighborhoods, but this... this was just word vomit.

FWIW- I have long lamented that pretty much all the new buildings aside from 99 hudson have been rentals downtown. I lived in Paulus Hook for a long time, and it was almost frustrating meeting someone cool at the dog park- you knew this was their stop on the way to the burbs in 1-2 years. HP is much better in this regard, its an actual neighborhood. You also see people wearing JC or local spots t-shirts often, when I lived in PH, it was extremely rare.

skunkachunks t1_ivjobe8 wrote

She stopped shopping for 60 days and saved $100k.

I get that people are in different income brackets but that averages out to $584k a year on shopping, seemingly outside her insane food delivery costs. She would need to earn $1m in pretax income just to sustain that shopping. I guess that if she’s making 6% commissions on $30MM-$50MM of dealflow a year she can fund her lifestyle but wow.

Baffling.

Jahooodie t1_ivjq2aq wrote

These are the people that think the only thing between people and home ownership is lattes and advacado toast. You can't save and boot strap if you don't have anything to save to begin with, christ I thought the pandemic & inflation made these sort of things front & center

pixel_of_moral_decay t1_ivjvfaa wrote

There is a sizable population that eats out 3 meals a day. In my experience they live in 100% denial on its costs. Delivery apps likely charge more on fees than the average home cook spends in groceries on a meal.