Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dorkishj t1_iw2hvan wrote

1. To stop pushing children with issues up just to get rid of them. My oldest child has special needs and instead of putting him in special education classes. They pulled him out of the class during tests and basically gave e him the answers. They said special Ed classes were for problematic children and he shouldn't be jn there. They also wouldn't leave him back because he was trying. Even though his grades were bad he was still trying and leaving back is a punishment.

2. Make school lunches free for all. They dispose of the uneaten food anyway or let staff bring them home.

3. Teach the teachers not to take their home problems to school with them. Some teachers are straight up bitchy because of a bad morning. That's not ok.

4. In my sons school , idk about the rest, calm the gym teacher down with the children. It's not the fkn army. My sons intestines are weak and full. He's got severe issues and even with a doctors note and a call from me she still told my son that I do not control her class.

5. Stop rushing them for eating lunch. Some children are diabetic and do need that meal on time. They give them 10 minutes or less!

6. Have the teachers stop telling their live story during class and actually teach. Or better yet, teach your teachers not to humiliate a child in front of all of the other students because they are slow. Mt son came home and told me his math teacher actually threw a 2 second party because a child actually submitted work on time. It was a sarcastic little party.

7. Employee more staff. The nurse and anti bully counselor have to run between two schools every day. It mist be stressful on them.

8. Actually Crack down on those using other people addresses to ve zoned into the better school. It takes away from a child who is actually zoned.

9. Stop underfunded the schools. They are struggling. Some don't even have toilet paper !

I am sure there's more. I'm just tired right now.