Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RosaKlebb t1_iyynw66 wrote

A lot of conventionally good standbys throughout the state completely tanked in quality when they generally were reliable even in rise of this sort of madness.

I went to Udelco a little while back and good grief what a sad shell of itself and the firmness over essentially holding out for a pushover sucker rather than sensible more than fair haggling after having enough to work with was just was so incredibly lame.

Barely even that long ago I could stretch $100 there with an absolute haul and a half.

Jahooodie t1_iz01us9 wrote

Last time I was there, the men's dress shirt bin summed it up for me- sizes with any sort of known label like Brooks Brothers were either very small or very big (or ripped/stained), meaning people are poaching the average sizes on the bell curve assumedly for resale. Anything fun & flashy is long gone (the Hawaiian Shirt bin had the most disappointingly tasteful color palette)

I pay a bit more going through ebay, but alot of the hobby/Gary V zombie resellers want to flip stuff quick. If you add something to your watch list you'll often get a 20-50% off special offer from the seller within a few days, those sorta trick to game the system. I don't like paying a premium, but setting up ebay alerts with keywords & sizes I guess makes finding exact hits for me better.

RosaKlebb t1_iz1aisq wrote

Yeah it's just not the same and it's goofy as shit seeing very generic t shirts that are one use away from being threadbare still firmly 10-15 bucks.

I'm also with you Ebay, Mercari, Poshmark are pretty much where I've had the best of luck in recent while and it's infinitely easier to make deals when you see someone sitting with stuff for a long time and you can get it off their hands bundled into other stuff.